Page 4 of 7 « previous Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 next Page »

RE: New leaf

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:57 pm
by Steamdrivenandy (deleted)

Here Here (or Hear Hear) as appropriate.

And don't feel bad Brian old sport weasels can get in anywhere.

Cheer yourself up with another burst of Rita Hayworth

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up
lockThis thread has been closed

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:58 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: Graculus wrote in post #44
As the forum administrator who activated 'Milkman's' membership in all good faith earlier this evening, I feel a certain responsibility to the members of this forum for all the unpleasantness that has resulted while I have been off line and for this I apologise.

When people put themselves forward for membership under false names it is inevitable that some unsavoury characters will slip through the net as was the case here.

However, all the Eriba Forum Admin Team has done so far is confirm what a thoroughly unpleasant group of people they are so perhaps it wasn't such a bad thing after all?

Graculus/Aaron Calder/Brian

You've got absolutely nothing to apologise for.

As I said earlier I think this thread and all the posts in it should stay right where they are.

Maybe we should make it a sticky

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:58 pm
by Milkman (deleted)

I'm not sure there is someone called Milkman on the Eriba Forum, but I'll check. There wasn't one here and as I was a milkman for many years, it is a name I often go by, so nothing malicious I can assure you. With over 1200 members, it wouldn't surprise me that the name has been taken already!

Going, going gone.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:01 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: Milkman wrote in post #45
Yours Pete, but it serves to show what we were trying to avoid on the Eriba Forum.

Good night.
If people don't want to read it, they don't have to.

It's called freedom of choice.

That's what it's called.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:06 pm
by hob (deleted)

Zitat
It's called freedom of choice.

Here Here amen

The thing that worries me is Chris is the most reasonable member of the team what are the others thinking?

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:10 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

Quote: Milkman wrote in post #45
Yours Pete, but it serves to show what we were trying to avoid on the Eriba Forum.

Good night.

It actually serves to show what YOU were trying to avoid not what the membership was trying to avoid.
One issue for me has always been the brusque, rude and autocratic manner of the admin team.
I think they assumed the role of ownership of all things Eriba which alienated so many of the members who had contributed so much to the knowledge base.
TonyP
Frantone
TeePee

Last edited Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:29 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:13 pm
by Steamdrivenandy (deleted)

1200 members, but I bet 90% have posted once or twice or not at all. I also suspect that the number of recently active members is tiny, especially as the most prolific members are on here.

I haven't got the latest membership figures for Caravan Talk but at the start of 2013 they were quoting 3m visits and 14m page views a year and they asked me to be a Moderator. TEF threw me off for daring to write a book about the vans we all love, whose brand is owned by Hymer, not by jumped up self appointed, self important little clique of no hopers.

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:28 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

Quote: Puss in Boots wrote in post #52
1200 members, but I bet 90% have posted once or twice or not at all. I also suspect that the number of recently active members is tiny, especially as the most prolific members are on here.

......and the current membership do not know what is going on!!!

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:53 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.738 Posts

The last time I looked (a couple of weeks ago), 450 of their 'members' had never posted and there was also a substantial number who had only posted once or twice.

Forum Administrator
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:11 am
by hob (deleted)

It has been rather quiet recently .............but then all us chatterboxes are over here

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:22 am
by Randa france | 12.859 Posts

Quote: Graculus wrote in post #54
The last time I looked (a couple of weeks ago), 450 of their 'members' had never posted and there was also a substantial number who had only posted once or twice.

Interesting
Now that the dust has settled ....again, I would like to say a few things.
Firstly, although Graculus let HIM in, It was my fault for confusing the false identity he used to bring his argument on here, with that of another forum member and mentioning the same to Graculus.

What this outburst should bring home to every member is that although we've tried to run this forum peacefully and without malice to the other place, it would appear that they (HE) will not let it lie. Personally, I think it's criminal that he believes he can bring his bad attitude on here but will not allow any freedom of speech on his own forum. I hope you notice that he came armed and with forethought, for a fight.
This is exactly the way he conducts things on his own forum and is the very reason this forum was created.
Although they don't know it. he is keeping all his members captive. Hopefully soon, they'll have the opportunity of making their own choices as to where they wish to visit. As far as we are concerned, both here and there.
R.

"http://smileys.emoticonsonly.com/emoticons/w/wales-1627.gif"
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:58 am
by Pop540 (deleted)

to be honest I am saddened to read this thing yet again,
what has happened has happened

sure certain parties have been hurt by actions / words but lets move on what is past is past

life is too short to be going on like this,

you'll all end up with stomach ulcers ground down teeth balding hair!!!!..and illness. if you carry on stressing about something that happened in the past, that now we are in the future cannot be changed. I wouldn't wish any of the above on anyone btw,

excuse me while I go and try and stop the nose tap from running
please take a deep breath for me because I cant manage one right now

Last edited Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:07 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:20 am
by Agger (deleted)

What Milkman (Steamerpoint) doesn't say about my ban is why?

As I have mentioned previously I suffered 2 bans the first for 7 days (which turned out to be 10 and that was after I chased them to get reactivated) the second was partly because I recieved a gruff email from StuartAB so I replied in the same manner and then posted it online ;-) this was quite quickly removed:-)

I then started to alter my tag / signature line (something I often do / did) only for this to be repeatedly deleted! It was obvious I was being heavily moderated and later it proved to be so as I was banned again! With no communication whatsoever so I once again contacted Milkman (Steamerpoint) to ask why?

I have the emails of that conversation! and have contacted one of the people also mentioned in that email the other I am still trying to track down! BUT I know they are on here (just can't recall the username)

I sent an email to Milkman (Steamerpoint) apologising for any upset (which I thought long and hard about as I was not 100% sure what I had done warranted it!) I then heard back from Milkman (Steamerpoint) and he did say "wait until the dust settles"

That was a little over 3 months ago, from then till now I have heard nothing from them!

If anyone doubts the truth of my account I have the emails I sent and received! Alternatively you can meet me after school behind the bike sheds and we can sort it out in a more permanent manner ;-) ;-)

The truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

As for mixing with others, despite my original tag / signature line "doesn't mix well with others but will always show respect" thats true, we like our own company, we obey the rules! we leave it better than we found it.

Now anyone got a picture of StuartAB? As I really really want to avoid him, especially as I'm going to Dorset soon! ;-)

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:52 am
by ellen (deleted)

I can only say I think that Chris should concentrate on his own forum and leave us guys in peace to enjoy ourselves. We must be having too much fun on here and it's upsetting him. . Ellen.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:15 am
by Deeps (deleted)

Well, well, well. I tune in this morning only to hear "Good morning Vietnam" (as Robin Williams used to say) and that the next round of the Eriba Offensive has begun. Whatever happened to the white flag of a while back?
On the off-chance that the odd member or two on here considers that I may be the Mole in the Hole so to speak - I'm not. I had a few email exchanges with a member of the Eriba Forum admin team the bulk of which will, as they should, be kept private. I can say, however, that apologies were offered for my being wrongly banned and I in turn accepted that of course said Admin/Owners of the Eriba Forum site had the right to manage it as they saw fit whether I agreed with it or not.
In respect of the last point - it has hardly gone without notice that the Eriba Forum site has undergone drastic changes over the past week or so with the promise of more to come. An example of this is the General Interest thread where a long discussion is taking place re photography/cameras which would have been completely unheard of in the past.I think it fair to say that most would be forgiven in thinking that these changes have been brought about in response to an increasingly unsettled membership. That's quite sad really for had certain members of the Admin team pulled their heads out of the sand and woken up to the fact that time doesn't stand still, then perhaps we wouldn't have found ourselves in the position that we are in today with what is considered (wrongly in my opinion) the establishment of a rival forum.
Oh well - I'm now going to enjoy a breakfast followed by getting the shovel out of the shed and fortifying the old trenches once more before the next round of incoming shells. Good morning Vietnam.

Last edited Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:24 am | Scroll up

Page 4 of 7 « previous Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 next Page »

Visitors
2 Members and 27 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12507 topics and 105544 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2