The Eriba Forum 'cull'

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Nov 06, 2013 6:48 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

If you feel the need to relieve your fulminating incandescence about the membership cull 'over there', go right ahead

If it's kept here rather than in the welcome bit, the casual visitor who knows nothing about it and happens to chance by won't wonder what the hell is occurring

Last edited Wed Nov 06, 2013 7:01 pm | Scroll up
lockThis thread has been closed

RE: New leaf

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:51 am
by Silverfox (deleted)

Thank you pop540 and Ellen,

Oh and you Charlie!!

I'm here in the "Afterlife" having been CULLED of all things!!

Last edited Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:51 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Nov 06, 2013 10:55 am
by Steamdrivenandy (deleted)

'Culled' ?

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:55 pm
by Silverfox (deleted)

Troll trio questioned the mods on TEF where the members area had gone.

By Trolltrio (£)
Has the members area gone or is it a glitch? I know some felt it was unecessary to have a separate area but now "poof" its gone away.

By Silverfox (£)
Looks like a lot of members have "gone " as well, let's hope they all weren't inside the members lounge when it went " poof"
Ex Duo T, now AutoSleepers Grosvenor Caravan and Discovery 3HSE

By StuartAB Forum Admin (£)
The members' area has gone, cos no-one used it!
It's part of the tidying-up processes before we migrate to more modern forum software.
Every month we "prune" around 50 members who haven't been on the forum in the last 12 months, so there will always be fluctuations, with people joining most days, then once a month the "cull"!

I replied questioning the use of the word Cull , and quoted several definitions for "The Urban Dictionary" which I use from time to time.
I also suggested that Culling is something normal associated with pests or Vermin,
being blunt this didn't go down well with SAB so I became victim of a Culling.

Must say have I have enjoyed the new forum so far, so every cloud does sometimes have a silver lining.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:14 pm

The people skills of a cow pat

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:16 pm
by Pop540 (deleted)

if you read certain posts on here there was a wide cull
their loss is our gain

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Nov 06, 2013 5:21 pm

I wonder if the TEF post count per day has reduced since the cull?

Are the management wandering round with their footsteps echoing?

Scroll up

RE: Hello from Agger xxxxx

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:31 pm
by Agger (deleted)

In solitary with no one to talk to! I was annoyed at the lack of redress, you have no right to question anything at all and have to accept there punishment so petty and churlish, I do hope I meet Mr StuartAB somtime as he will feel the wrath of my multi lingual tongue lol

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:48 pm
by Milkman (deleted)

Zitat
I replied questioning the use of the word Cull , and quoted several definitions for "The Urban Dictionary" which I use from time to time.
I also suggested that Culling is something normal associated with pests or Vermin,
being blunt this didn't go down well with SAB so I became victim of a Culling.

Oh really Silverfox, you were culled because your were being blunt, don't give me that. Let's look at what you posted shall we!

Zitat
> Interesting you use the word Cull Stuart,

You might fool the new ones on here, but not me..
A search suggested these:-

Cull
Cull(v)

To Remove inferior and useless friends from one's Facebook friends list. Typically fake friends and fremies who one doesn't want stalking them are removed.
"I culled that idiot from my friends list"
cull
To kill off a certain number of people or animals to acheive the desired number.
The government culls off those who resist being brainwashed by its propaganda.

The rancher had to cull back his herd by 500 cattle during the drought.
Cull
Either the verb (to cull) or the acronym CULL (C U Later, Loser). Typically used when reverting your friends list on facebook to contain only those people you actually know and talk to.
Some of my so called friends on facebook only sent me an add to bump up their numbers - CULL time!!

All that girl does is whine on her status every 5 minutes, clogging up my home page. She needs culling!

I've had enough , could you please Include me in the next round of Culling

"I've had enough , could you please Include me in the next round of Culling"
Please don't make out that the Eriba Forum Admin Team have been anything but fair to you, in following your request to have your account closed!!!
Such a hero running here with your tales of how unfairly you have been treated.

Obviously, as you can see, I work as part of the Eriba Forum Admin Team, so I know what has really been going on.

This thread is caustic and it demonstrates to all new members, that the core members running this forum are running anything remotely similar to a friendly Eriba Forum, which is suggested on the banner above.

Hob, now I understand why you keep asking for the PM system. ;-)

Actually, having had some time to read many of the posts here, I can see the true colours of other members too!

Credit where credit is due though, I can see that a lot of work has gone into this forum and I have to say that I am quite impressed.
Perhaps we should put some links on our forum to this one, but not until relations improve of course. The last thing we want is to be slagged off publicly, when all we were trying to do was keep a forum happy. No one in management can keep all the people happy all of the time, but it should be possible to keep most of the people happy, most of the time. Given that we have 1259 active members with 3 or 4 new members joining daily, I would say that it's not a bad place to be.

Now I am sure that this post won't be up for long. Like your open guest area that was once a place you were proud of and is now closed, I am sure that this post will be spirited away and moderated in the same way Agger's posts recently were! You see, cleaning up and removing posts, banning members is unavoidable for the greater good. No difference here really.

As you will know, there are other members here on this very forum that play both sides and even if my access is removed, we still get to hear about what goes on in this forum and unless you ban everyone and all new members that join, you might as well just play nice and stop slagging off the Eriba Forum Admin Team, well publicly at least.

Right, please stop all this childish behaviour. Play nice and you never know, we might all become friends again one day.
We all love these quirky little vans and we are all a little quirky ourselves, some of us more than others, so please let's try and get along.

PS. Sorry to blow your true story Silverfox and good luck with your forum. It looks pretty good, oh and we like the map, that's pretty cool.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:32 pm

Quote: Milkman wrote in post #9
...spirited away and moderated in the same way Agger's posts recently were!
Nothing of Aggers' has been 'spirited away'.

Nothing.

Ask him.

We don't spirit things away.

If things get moved - and they do - the OP is offered an immediate explanation of the intended action by private message and asked if they mind.

And if I've got anything to do with it, your post won't be going anywhere either.

Markeriba likes this post!
Last edited Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:36 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:34 pm
by Milkman (deleted)

I forgot to mention, Ellen, you also asked to have your account closed down on the UK Eriba Forum.

Please don't make out that your were banned or culled, when you left of your own accord.

Here's your final words:

Zitat
By ellen Date 30-10-2013 07:57 IP 2.26.19.223
Hi Folks, Sadly after what i think is 4 years on this forum i feel that the time to say goodbye has come. For those of you who don`t know, i along with some other forum members were banned without any warning last weekend. i tried to enter the forum to find that i had been banned for 7 days and no explanation given. Eventually i found that because i was a member of what admin class as a rival Eriba Forum i was banned. I am still unsure why the new forum is seen as a threat or rival, i must be missing something. I feel that although i will miss some of my friends on this forum and some of the wealth of information that i have gained from you guys has been greatfully accepted i am not a hypocrit and to stand in front of a few individuals at future meets and for me to pretend that i am happy to be in their company is just not me. I can and often am pretty outspoken and not one to hold back in letting people know if they have hurt or upset me. I`m not sure how long this post will be on here for but hopefully its here long enough for the friends i and my hubby have made over the years to know why i wont be around, you will not have seen the last of me and Doo-Dah as we get about like all good Eriba`s do and we may bump into some of you on our travels. Take care and happy travels. Ellen.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:36 pm
by hob (deleted)

Ok so if you are the eriba forum admin team I would be interested to hear how you will reconcile with the members there the lies about the pm system being compromised and wait with interest to see the comments about how its deliberately down to prevent members talking to each other but no doubt you don't intend to tell them and will delete any comments about it if there are any.

If you really want to know I had someone who was interested in my Puck that I was talking to by pm but that won't happen now will it ?

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:39 pm
by Milkman (deleted)

Really!

Zitat
Agger. Nov. 8 2013

In solitary with no one to talk to! I was annoyed at the lack of redress, you have no right to question anything at all and have to accept there punishment so petty and churlish, I do hope I meet Mr StuartAB somtime as he will feel the wrath of my multi lingual tongue lol

Then removed within 30 mins. At which point Agger starts protesting about censorship?

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:45 pm

Quote: Milkman wrote in post #13
Then removed within 30 mins. At which point Agger starts protesting about censorship?
And you were privy to the conversations I had with Agger, were you?

Thought not.

I'm through wasting my time with this. You are welcome to spend yours trying to poison this forum.

I'd have expected a little more grace from someone in your position.

Last edited Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:49 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:54 pm
by Milkman (deleted)

The issue is that the PM system was used to tell other members about this forum over a number of days and this was done secretly.

One member complained about being written to in this way and questioned if this was a weakness in the PM system. This was what alerted us to the creation of this forum.

I am sure that having a nice big debate about the reason why it was shut down is exactly what the owners of this forum want, because it raises awareness of this forum and the net result is likely to be more members joining this forum. Currently, we are unwilling to help this forum grow and it needs to grow organically as the Eriba Forum has done, rather than become an instrument to a quick hit.

Things are still unfair though. We are being bad mouthed on this forum so there is little incentive to help you guys out.

As I have said on the welcome board, I hope that our differences are short lived. We can't stop the Eriba community from hearing about this place forever and it is only a matter of time before it becomes common knowledge, but we really hope that if we are to co-exist, then the bad mouthing should stop.

The underlining issues stem from a policy of banning jokes and trivia like poems etc. on the Eriba Forum and a few people's reluctance to accept this policy, which has eventually led to their loss of access. The Eriba Forum is not a social media site. While it does serve the Eriba community, there are plenty of places like Twitter and Facebook to share your personal videos, photos, jokes and poems that are non-eriba related.

Here's a suggestion for you! Why not change the idea of this forum to be a social media site where all the mad poems and stuff can go and less like a replica of the Eriba Forum. At the moment it looks like a rival forum and I can't see there being much harmony between the two sites, while it appears that one is trying to overtake the other! Just a thought.

Scroll up

Visitors
8 Members and 22 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12470 topics and 105333 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 8