Some Interesting Eriba Mods.

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Nov 09, 2013 11:15 am
by Randa france | 12.870 Posts

I think I've published these photos before but they show some interesting mods. to an Eriba we parked alongside in France.
Any guesses as to what they're used for? (I don't have the answers by the way, as the owners didn't emerge for the whole time they were there ).
Cross-Tube.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) Tool-Box.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) Water-Tank.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

R

"http://smileys.emoticonsonly.com/emoticons/w/wales-1627.gif"
Scroll up

RE: Some Interesting Eriba Mods.

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:05 pm
by hob (deleted)

As you no doubt know some continental vans come without a battery.
This one looks like its Nuclear powered with pic 1 showing the spare fuel rod storage and pic 2 the reactor vessel under-slung to save space and pic 3 is where you top up the heavy water level.

This is naturally just a guess of mine and I may well be wrong

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:07 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

I have seen this arrangement on a Brit Eriba at an EOC do.
The drain pipe was for keeping windbreak and poles.
I also know a motorhomer with the same arrangement for his fishing rods.
Much prefer the reactor version though.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:11 pm
by KeithF (deleted)

The tube is a baguette or sausage carrier

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:29 pm
by Steamdrivenandy (deleted)

I think it's used for cross border smuggling of old masters like Van Klomps Fallen Madonna with the big jockey wheel.

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:50 pm
by hob (deleted)

Sorry I was only kidding before

pic 1 is a sideways torpedo launcher to prevent overtaking by white wobble boxes (launches to either side depending on which country you are in)

pic 2 is torpedo storage (you do have to stop to reload though)

pic 3 is a bulk storage tank for wine (handy when visiting vineyards while touring France)

Just the thing for the annual Randa trip

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:17 pm
by Randa france | 12.870 Posts
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:30 pm
by Deeps (deleted)

Yep, item 1 is definitely a Mk2 wire-guided torpedo circa 1975. These were the first torpedoes to use fly-by-wire technology and meant that basically if the shot missed you were able to pull it back into the tube and have another go. I hope nobody thinks I'm joking. Item 2 - a bit tricky this one as it's definitely non-military. I suspect, however, that in combination with item 1 it's a Hazchem pack containing Dry Powder extinguisher, a chemical protection suit and a list of instructions detailing steps to be taken in the event that item 1 runs amok. Rumour has it that it wasn't in fact HMS Conqueror that sunk the General Belgrano but a misfire from just such a van happily camping and totally unawares in the vicinity of Port Stanley.

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 45 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12523 topics and 105653 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1