RE: External water supply

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:02 pm
by Loveourtroll (deleted)

Sorry to ask a stupid question but what is kiss??? I wash up in our van and use all it has to offer I use site facilities for showers but also stay in fields with nothing more than a tap and grass just looking forward to easily filling up and a bit of extra cupboard space x

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:06 pm
by Deeps (deleted)

I think you'll find that more Eriba's come with an onboard water tank fitted as standard (certainly over here in Europe) than come without. And by the same token, most do not have a leisure battery fitted or indeed a water heater of any description.

So yes, the question of Aquaroll might be one for consideration if the above wasn't applicable but as it isn't, it's something that I've never given any thought to. And don't forget, it's not just a case of having an Aquaroll or not - it's also the electrics and extra water piping needed to make use of one.

2013 Triton 430, VW Touran TDI BM
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:07 pm
by Deeps (deleted)

Kiss is short for Keep It Simple, Stupid or, in other words, why make life more difficult.

2013 Triton 430, VW Touran TDI BM
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Aug 25, 2015 1:32 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: Deeps wrote in post #32
So yes, the question of Aquaroll might be one for consideration if the above wasn't applicable but as it isn't, it's something that I've never given any thought to.
I can take a hint.

I'll find someone else to pester instead.

R5n4-02f LdW17-h ncJ-515
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:39 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.740 Posts

If you are going to use a watering can to fill the onboard tank, a flexible nozzle will help prevent spillage.

I've seen Dutch caravanners with purpose-made watering cans with long bendy spouts but, being a cheapskate, I decided to make my own with a length of flexible pipe taped onto the watering can nozzle. I also wound a few turns of plumbers' ptfe tape onto the joint between the spout and the can to stop it leaking.

P1010420.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

On our Triton 420 with front kichen, the under sink door opens towards the caravan door (i.e. the wrong way) but I've found that if I don't over fill the watering can I can, with the flexible extension, pour the contents into the container without slopping it all over the floor.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet

Last edited Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:33 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Aug 25, 2015 2:50 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

UK Eribas do not come with onboard water tanks however they are offered if the hot water system is specified. The Aquaroll is the most common external water storage and transport system but any container would suffice provided the opening is big enough for the submersible pump to fit through. Personally I would avoid any that were transparent or translucent which might allow the growth of algae.

Troll gently nudging up against Galaxy.

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:52 pm
by PhilipM | 208 Posts

Quote: hob wrote in post #3
I tend to carry a 5l watering can and every time I head for the site loo carry it with me if needed and return with 5L of water to pour into the relevant container

I usually remove the under sink container and take the whole thing to the tap. Looking at your picture Hob, it just suddenly dawned on me that there is a small yellow cap at the other end. It looks like you fill it via this? Does it remove, I've never tried it and just assumed it was to draw air in or something?

Eriba Familia 310 owner.
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:11 pm

Quote: PhilipM wrote in post #37
I usually remove the under sink container and take the whole thing to the tap. Looking at your picture Hob, it just suddenly dawned on me that there is a small yellow cap at the other end. It looks like you fill it via this? Does it remove, I've never tried it and just assumed it was to draw air in or something?
To which picture are you referring, Philip? Small yellow cap?

Forum Administrator

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:24 pm
by hob (deleted)

Quote: Aaron Calder wrote in post #38
Quote: PhilipM wrote in post #37
To which picture are you referring, Philip? Small yellow cap?

I don't understand either? there is some yellow tape holding a bit of garden hose onto the water can?

and the undersink container can be seen in this topic

Storage

I just lift the top a bit and pour it in.

Forum moderator
Vauxhall Insignia Sri towing 2006 Triton 430 import
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Aug 26, 2015 4:09 pm

This is the only small yellow cap that I can think of, and it's on the toilet flushing tank drain-down.

Flush tank.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Is it the one you meant?

Forum Administrator

Last edited Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:34 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:57 pm
by pianosteve (deleted)

What I don't understand is:
If you have an aquaroll, with the pump, and a dedicated socket fitted into the side of the van into which the aquaroll (or mains water hook-up) attaches...do you NEED an onboard water tank?

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:02 pm
by Randa france | 12.859 Posts

Quote: pianosteve wrote in post #41
What I don't understand is:
If you have an aquaroll, with the pump, and a dedicated socket fitted into the side of the van into which the aquaroll (or mains water hook-up) attaches...do you NEED an onboard water tank?

Hi Steve and welcome to Eribafolk.
The original poster is looking at it from the other way around. They have an onboard tank which they don't want to use and are therefore looking at fitting a pump and aquaroll.
Randa

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:14 pm
by pianosteve (deleted)

Oops!
Thank you for enlightening me Randa!
So..is it the case that one NEEDS either an aquaroll OR an inboard tank (30/40litre/under cupboard) but NOT both?
Please excuse capitals I'm not shouting just emphasising my ignorance on the subject!
Many thanks

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:30 pm
by Randa france | 12.859 Posts

No worries Steve.
You don't really need either. In our case, although we have an outside water container (not an aquaroll) and a pump we no longer use them or take them with us.
We just have a 5 litre water container and tap on a table in the awning.
Therefore we don't use the sinks in the van. We only have a cold water van however with no on board water heater.
Randa

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:44 pm
by pianosteve (deleted)

Aha.
Thanks Randa

Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 44 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12510 topics and 105561 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4