The 'quiet' minority.

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:42 pm
by Steamdrivenandy (deleted)

By my elementary calculations roughly a third of our membership haven't posted on 'Folk' since joining, despite some being names I recognise from the other place.

I'm not sure if this reticence to even say hello is down to lack of something to say, or ask, or due to a worry that the other place will react badly.Let me reassure you that as far as I know most of the people on here have been reinstated on the other place, except long term recidivists like myself. I suspect TEF has become quieter over recent weeks as the great majority of regular posters are on here, enjoying new found freedom.

So gather you courage, gird your nethers and posts something on 'Folk', it won't bite.

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up

RE: The 'quiet' minority.

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:33 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

Very
TonyP

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:00 pm
by ellen (deleted)

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:25 pm
by Deeps (deleted)

[quote="Puss in Boots"|So gather you courage, gird your nethers and posts something on 'Folk', it won't bite. [/quote]

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:24 pm
by Pop540 (deleted)

I thought the site was quiet until I pressed the triangle near name
and then pressed latest news
there was pages of unread posts
perhaps other efolk thought the same as me and posts will increase

Last edited Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:25 pm | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:22 pm
by Sparks | 33 Posts

Ah Ha!! - I've been looking for this functionality but have not been able to find it.

I must admit its been a source of frustration, thanks for flagging it up.

My problem is that I usually access the forum via my iPad and the adverts on the RHS of the screen hide a lot of information.
Having use my laptop I now notice a PM that was hidden on the iPad, I'll get round to responding to it now.
Cheers
Andy

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:51 pm
by Pop540 (deleted)

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:36 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

Hi Andy
I had the same trouble, i.e. the adverts covering the personal icon. I used google translate to decipher the underlined words at the top of the strip of adverts which led me to a link to pay €3.99 for 6 months advert free access.
This seems to work.
TonyP

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:01 pm
by Hitched (deleted)

I have the same problem

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:07 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: Hitched wrote in post #9
I have the same problem
What problem?

You aren't still getting adverts, are you? There shouldn't be any.

Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 39 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12498 topics and 105496 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2