The Picture Gallery...

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:31 am
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

...is going slightly pear-shaped at the moment, and we need to have a bit of a sort-out in there.

I reckon that maybe part of the problem stems from us setting it up with one or two too many sections in it, and in doing that we've inadvertently encouraged people to upload holiday snap type pictures which are probably best put either in the body of a post elsewhere or in a blog entry.

It's not a question of pointing fingers or anything because I'm guilty of it too.

The thing is in the interests of preventing the whole thing running away with itself it's probably best to limit your gallery uploads to stuff which is properly Eriba-related.

I know you could argue that the picture of Uncle Wilf having his 99 pinched by a seagull in St Ives ought to be there because you were on holiday in the caravan at the time, but hopefully you get the drift.

We can't sort it all out in one go because none of us have got the time to do that, so we'll attempt to do it bit by bit. In the meantime if there's anything which you think might be better off elsewhere (or even got rid of altogether) it would help if you could do that.

If you can't, and need help, please let me or Brian or Tony or Roger or Nev know and we'll try to assist.

As I said before, there's no finger-pointing involved in this.

It's probably worthwhile reminding everybody of Roger's post here as well, because part of the reason it's going wonkers is people inadvertently putting stuff in the wrong place due to the rather complicated upload process which could hardly be described as intuitive.

That is something we have no control over - it's part of the way the forum works.

We aren't trying to discourage people from uploading pictures per se because the picture gallery is one of the things which makes this place so good.

We're just trying to get everyone to stop and think about whether or not what you're about to upload to the gallery really belongs in it.

One last thing - we won't delete anyone's picture without asking first.

Thanks

Pete

rT-7

, and like this post!
Last edited Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:46 am | Scroll up

RE: The Picture Gallery...

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:55 am
by hampshireman (deleted)

Ok please remove my gallery Non Eriba Event. Hope you can keep my Eriba paintings in.

Puck 225L pushing CMax 1.9TDI Ghia
Pepe's Walk
Scroll up

RE: The Picture Gallery...

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:57 am
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: hampshireman wrote in post #2
Ok please remove my gallery Non Eriba Event. Hope you can keep my Eriba paintings in.
Of course, Derek.

Star of the show

rT-7
Scroll up

Visitors
5 Members and 14 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12470 topics and 105332 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 5