Compile your own books

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Dec 01, 2015 11:49 am
by Randa france | 12.892 Posts

Now that our 2015 travels are over, it's a busy time putting together the information and photographs for our latest DIY travel book. With all this wet weather the UK winter brings it's nice to spend time mulling over the adventures of last Spring and Summer.

When we were at the Gloucester meet, we realised that Aaron Calder does a similar thing.

The books of our travels are a diary of events backed up by dozens of photographs. We have also been compiling family events and history for a number of years. I was presented with a pictorial book of my first 65 years earlier this year and our kids each got a first 25 years book of photos as they reached that age.

There are any number of publishers for DIY books on the internet who can also offer a template if required

IMG_6880.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) IMG_6881.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Randa.

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

, , , , Ribski, campnsnooze, and like this post!
Last edited Thu Feb 07, 2019 12:01 pm | Scroll up

RE: Compile your own books

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:53 am
by Clippie (deleted)

I think you are absolutely right Randa. I have just started this year to put some of the 100s of photographs taken this year into book format for viewing. With the best will in the world I don't think we will trawl through terabytes of photographs on digital storage devices when we are pest the silver-surfers stage of our life.

Clippie

Gofer for 2014 Triton 420 GT & VW T5

Last edited Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:55 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:24 pm

So Our Travels with the Eriba Book Number 9 arrived today.

We write a blog of our travels for a few reasons including trying to persuade folk that these trips can be done on a budget. However, Mrs R also takes my blog and along with a wealth of photos, puts it into book form using an on-line publisher. Just over £24 incl. postage but we hope it'll be treasured by our future generations.

sIMG_9243.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

campnsnooze, thecolliss, FINNWOODY and like this post!
Last edited Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:28 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Nov 14, 2019 2:59 pm
by campnsnooze | 1.148 Posts

Yes, we do the same for our travels each year. Last year's book was 138 pages!!. We use Aldi Photos for our book compilation as find their software easy to get around and so far the books have come out great.

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:50 pm

So, although last year was a bit of a wash out travel wise, we did manage to design and get our annual Travel Book printed. It included Mrs R's diary entries regarding life with Covid and also some of the Blog from our trip up North, with accompanying pictures.

Blurb books.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

How did that pesky cat get her face on the front cover though? I was informed that it was either the cat or Motters in his pink crocs

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

eribaMotters, SOULBLUESMAN68 and campnsnooze like this post!
Last edited Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:52 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Jan 11, 2021 6:56 pm
by Williebraveheart | 351 Posts

Pink Crocs would be "top shelf".

2019 Troll 535GT Fixed Bed. Mercedes GLA 220d 4Matic
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Jan 11, 2021 11:53 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.123 Posts

Hi Randa

We have created these books for grandchildren's lives with us, limited though those have been this year. Never thought of doing a book for our trips in the Troll.

In the distant past when we all had real cameras we used to take loads of holiday snaps that are today in big boxes in a wardrobe. We love looking back at times tenting & caravanning with the children. Now we use a digital camera and increasingly our phones or Kath's Ipad we print very few photos onto paper.

This could be a great lockdown project for us.

Thanks
MikeT

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Jan 12, 2021 11:07 am

What would be a great lockdown project Mike would be to take all those photos out of the wardrobe and scan them onto your computer. You can buy a decent flatbed scanner for about £50

We did all ours, including some Victorian ones and saved them in year date order so we have photos from all the years since 1975 and then a large file of older photos. So many that we now have them on an external drive but we can lay hands on any photo we would like to see, within minutes. We did it many years ago and it took us months but it's well worth it.

Doesn't save wardrobe space however because we didn't chuck out all the old prints and slides

Randa

SOULBLUESMAN68 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:03 pm
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

I assume that in the Victorian ones you were beardless
Dave

Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 150 Tdi DSG Troll 552 - 2005
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:21 pm

Yes, but I still had the moustache in 1890.

South Africa 1890.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Randa

eribanaut likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Jan 12, 2021 9:47 pm
by SOULBLUESMAN68 | 1.123 Posts

Hi Randa

That sounds like a massive task to go through all the old snaps - much as I like the idea.

I would have to be locked down until this time next year to complete that task...........................!

I am hoping that we will bit out of the strictest lockdown by Easter, so we can do some short local stays. I'm not sure that the next 3 months would be enough time for me even to complete 2020 Eriba travels book.......!

However Kath just wandered upstairs to check on me and I explained your Eriba Photobook idea to her and she said that it was a good idea of yours. Take that as great praise Roger as, being from Burnley, praise doesn't drip readily from her lips.

MikeT

Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 40 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12543 topics and 105794 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2