C3 Picasso help

in We've got it down to a T Fri Dec 11, 2015 8:50 am
by BobSheffieldEriba (deleted)

Hi all.
Im looking at a new Citroen C3 Picasso Puretech 1.2 Petrol
the towing limit is 1100kg and the noseweight capacity is 54kg.

Im towing an Eriba Puck 120 1999.

On towcar info ive got a 48% match, though im a little worried about the noseweight capacity.

All help and advice welcomed.

Regards from Bob.

Scroll up

RE: C3 Picasso help

in We've got it down to a T Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:59 pm
by Randa france | 12.885 Posts

Hi Bob.
I'm bumping this thread because our Citroen experts have not been on line this weekend. I'm sure Ribski or Citroeriba will be able to comment once they've seen this thread .

I also believe that Tony (Ed4hills) is a C3 Picasso owner and he's recently taken his Puck to Norway. (Check out the photos in the Puck Gallery).

g2p1053-Ed-hills-Vistdalsheia-Pass-Norway.html
g5p1021-Puck-L.html

Randa

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:54 pm | Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Mon Dec 14, 2015 7:53 pm
by Ribski | 1.467 Posts

Hi Bob, I'll give you my experience with a Picasso C3 1598 cc petrol (2009) power 88KW, Max braked weight 1100kg. I believe the nose weight of the 'van is about 50kg, or less as the 'van is the rear kitchen layout and is quite light on the tow ball and is not heavily laden in use !

Previously I used a 2ltr Diesel Berlingo Multispace, to tow our Eriba Puck L (750kg).

The Picasso is a dream to tow with as far as handling and comfort are concerned, behaves perfectly :) However there is a marked difference in performance over the old 2 ltr. diesel Berlingo ! Yes i it drives quite fast enough, but you need to use the gears at the slightest hint of a gradient, and use the revs to maintain quick get away progress - it does it, but you know it's working !

I don't have experience of the 1.2 engine,- which may have superseded the 1.6 but it may be that the further lack of torque will make itself known when towing. I really think it's a shame that these modern engines are under so much stress to produce 'adequate' power for normal driving, but may find itself lacking under other than normal use.

To sum up, you can expect a good comfortable towing experience with the C3 Picasso chassis, but may find the smaller engine a little 'hard-work' It really is down to what you need, and how often the car will be used for towing !

You may, of course, consider the Diesel version ?

Just my opinions

Hope it's been of some help.

Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:09 am
by BobSheffieldEriba (deleted)

Hi there and thanks for the reply.
Ive ordered a HDI 90 in the end. Its a 1.6 diesel and towing weight is 1200kg with a 54kg noseweight.

, Randa france and Ribski like this post!
Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:58 pm
by Ribski | 1.467 Posts

Nice one !

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 45 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105776 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1