Page 4 of 9 previous Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 next Page

RE: 2014 tour

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:41 pm
by Randa france | 7.177 Posts

Looking good Nev. Plenty to do now to fill in the finer details over those long, cold, winter nights. Please keep us posted as new details emerge. Hopefully others who read this can come up with good visitor ideas for you when you descend on their area of the Kingdom

Unfortunately, I looks like we might be away in deepest France at the time you do your trip but who knows?

R

"http://smileys.emoticonsonly.com/emoticons/w/wales-1627.gif"

Last edited Mon Nov 18, 2013 11:42 pm | Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Tue Nov 19, 2013 7:56 am
by Whitewitch (deleted)

Hi Hob,
Sorry to come so late to your thread but I don't visit often. I am biased about Abergavenny, so think you could spend a couple of days in the area as so much to see! Abergavenny Town is interesting, main market on Tuesday with smaller ones on Friday and Saturday. Planners have done as much as they can to rip the historical heart out of the town but there are still some interesting old buildings, a small castle and museum, the river walk and some pretty hills. Not far away there is the Blaenavon World Heritage Unesco site which I think will be right up your street. Pig Bit mining museum has underground tour as well as fantastic above ground exhibitions (And being a National Museum..IT'S FREE!) http://www.museumwales.ac.uk/en/bigpit/
There is also the Iron works site, run by CADW (the welsh equivalent of English Heritage) http://cadw.wales.gov.uk/splash?orig=/default.asp?id=243
Then I think you should take the drive over the gospel pass, stopping off at Llanthony Abbey on the way (I'm saying nothing about visiting Lord Herefords Knob!) and then dropping down into Hay on Wye for a day of browsing the secondhand book shops (I spend hours in them, Jessie the Jack loses the will to live!) The cinema bookshop is the biggest in the world and you are bound to find lots of little gems in relating to your wide range of hobbies. Then if you drive back to Aber on the Craswell Longtown road, you could stop off at a great pub that was once an old drovers inn that still has its flagged floors (The Bull at Craswell) and is build into the slope so the pub steps down at the bottom. I have attached two alternatives to Randas campsite. The one at Pandy has mixed reviews but is attached to the pub and it allways looks clean and tidy when we drive past. The Pyscodlyn farm site I'm a bit biased about again as it is owned by my late mothers 2nd cousin, but it does have great views of the hills around the Usk Valley. (Pyscod = fish, Lyn = pool - I think it relates to being close to the river usk.) If you want more info of Aber and it's surrounds, pop a post on the other site as I still check that one every morning, or PM me. I'd like to pop over to say hello when you are in the area. Fiona
http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/reviews.asp?revid=4479
http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/sites/reviews.asp?revid=3438

Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:10 pm
by Crow (deleted)

Would using C&C or C&CC sites make it any easier, quick to look up a site
or CL in the event of a diversion or Welsh uprising for instance.

Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:39 pm
by hob (deleted)

Not quite sure how I feel about clubs at the moment, I joined the CC last year at the grand cost of £52.00 and only stayed 4 nights at a £10.00 a night CL which meant a membership cost of £13.00 a night for being a member on top of the site fee making a minimal facility site total cost of £23.00 a night.
Most of the club magazines went in the bin unopened and there were no other benefits, also there was the "nose in" farce which did nothing to inspire me to renew my membership

Having looked at the CCC website joining fees look remarkably similar right down to the "joining fee" (not sure why either should need that) they do seem to have a slightly different approach to the membership and a reasonable number of sites to offer.

Both clubs main sites when I see photo's of them give me the impression of battery hen farms where the "pack em in and maximize the revenue" ethic seems to be the norm.

I may join the CCC this year to give them the same opportunity to impress (or not)

Many thanks for all the help and useful links so far

Zitat
Welsh uprising

is that likely ?

Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:06 pm
by hob (deleted)

You folks that have been there .....................is this the entrance to Fforest Fields Caravan & Camping Park

Ff ent.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Vauxhall Insignia Sri towing 2006 Triton 430 import
Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:14 pm

Yes that it Nev travelling towards the east ffrom the direction of Builth Wells. It's about 4 miles out of Builth Wells on the "Hundred House road.

Once you've turned right onto the lane continue on the unmade road ffor about 500 yards. You can't go wrong

Randa

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:21 am | Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Sun Jan 26, 2014 8:50 pm
by crow (deleted)

New underffloor heating at Fforest Fields Neville

Last edited Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:23 pm | Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:01 pm
by hob (deleted)

Quote: crow wrote in post #52
New underffloor heating at Fforest Fields Neville

They start a ffire under your van

Last edited Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:24 pm | Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:40 pm
by hob (deleted)

Thanks Roger the postcode goes to the wrong place ............just set the satnav favourite to

GPS co-ordinates

N 52.17121° and W 03.31621°

that works better

Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:44 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.227 Posts

Quote: hob wrote in post #54
Thanks Roger the postcode goes to the wrong place ............just set the satnav favourite to

GPS co-ordinates

N 52.17121° and W 03.31621°

that works better
You could always use a map, Nev.

A map doesn't need loading with co-ordinates

Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:48 pm
by hob (deleted)

Can't read a map and drive at the same time and the co-pilot is in the picture on the right side of this post

He can't read a map either

Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Sun Jan 26, 2014 9:57 pm
by Steamdrivenandy (deleted)

Fancy getting a bear that can't navigate. I'd send it back to learn the bear necessities.

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:04 pm

Quote: Steamdrivenandy wrote in post #57
Fancy getting a bear that can't navigate. I'd send it back to learn the bear necessities.

What, you mean so that he can get his bear..ings.

Randa

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:21 am | Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:06 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.227 Posts

Quote: hob wrote in post #56
Can't read a map and drive at the same time and the co-pilot is in the picture on the right side of this post

He can't read a map either
You're an old fart like the rest of us, Nev.

Surely you can't have forgotten how to navigate without a little box stuck to the inside of your windscreen.

Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:17 pm
by hob (deleted)

I use the satnav with a female voice.....................it reminds me what its like to be married

Scroll up

Page 4 of 9 previous Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 next Page

Visitors
4 Members and 4 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: bazzapc
Board Statistics
The forum has 6758 topics and 62608 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4