Page 5 of 9 previous Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 next Page

RE: 2014 tour

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Sun Jan 26, 2014 10:20 pm
by hob (deleted)

Quote: Steamdrivenandy wrote in post #57
Fancy getting a bear that can't navigate.

He keeps me company and doesn't nag ..............what more can a man ask for ?

Vauxhall Insignia Sri towing 2006 Triton 430 import
Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:02 pm
by Pop540 | 1.543 Posts

does bear have camera in?
like a nanny cam

Eriba troll 540 likes constant hugs, and buffs and the odd cuppa.

Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:41 pm
by hob (deleted)

Quote: Pop540 wrote in post #62
does bear have camera in?
like a nanny cam

Not when he brings his girlfriends

P1300388.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:44 pm
by Pop540 | 1.543 Posts

Eriba troll 540 likes constant hugs, and buffs and the odd cuppa.

Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:23 pm
by hob (deleted)

After much swapping of sites and altering to fit in with the Eribafolk meet I can now report that 21 of the 22 day trip have now been booked and the last one (an overnight stay on the way home) which was where last years meet took place and should be ok have been either paid for or deposited over the net and none of them are from either club so an instant saving of at least £43.00 in club membership

Stopping places include
Fforest Fields
daisy-bank
The National Showcaves
Woodland Caravan Park

look forward to seeing all the Eribafolk going to the big meet

Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:04 am
by hob (deleted)

Everything is now booked and only a week to go before I put the pedal to the metal and set the timtom and Gladly (self appointed navigator) heading towards Oxford for the first overnight stop before the Big Meet the next day, then on up through Wales passport in hand (don't tell them it's out of date) renewals are such a pain these days

Not too worried about getting into Wales (they seem to let anyone in) the big fear is that I may not get out again

The big problem is how to add a fake exit stamp to an expired passport If all else fails I have tracked down an unmanned border crossing back to home territory (well almost) at least it's east of the border then on into Derbyshire to leer at the undulating scenery before heading back towards the flat lands of East Anglia and home where a big pile of washing loads of bills in the post and a lawn badly in need of cutting await ....................along with 800 plants badly in need of water maybe a bigger bribe to the neighbour is in order to get things organised for my return

Ah well that's life as they say, I used to tell them where I worked "its hell at the bottom"

Some things never change

Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:32 pm
by hob (deleted)

Just about packed except the last minute things, food from the fridge etc
This time tomorrow I should be on a camp site near Oxford for an overnight stay before arriving at the meet Thursday.

Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Tue Jul 01, 2014 9:41 pm
by Agger | 2.395 Posts

Quote: hob wrote in post #67
before arriving at the meet Thursday.

thankyou for the warningw

Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:02 pm
by hob (deleted)

Set out this morning at about 11.00am and headed inland, after 2 hours driving I started to look for a layby to take a break and stretch my legs. Found one and pulled in,There was one of those burger vans parked there and as I left without bothering about breakfast I thought why not?

Well................I ordered a bacon and sausage roll and a cup of tea.... 5 minutes later I was the proud owner of a bread roll about a foot long with 3 sausages and 3 rashers of bacon in it and a large cup of tea all for £4.20

After fighting my way through that lot it was time to move on.........just up the road I ran into a 2 mile traffic jam at some roadworks...........over 30 minutes to do just under 2 miles apart from that the trip was fairly uneventful and I arrived at around 4.00pm
The site I am on is Heyford Leys Camping Park
http://oxfordshirecampsite.co.uk/index.html
An independent park near Oxford which like a lot of independent sites I have been on recently seems to have several long term tourers on it some occupied and some not.
It's a quiet little site with birds singing in the trees dated and limited facilities but perfectly usable, there are not too many pitches occupied at the moment so I was told I could pitch sideways if I wanted so just a drive round the field and unhitch was all that was needed
Wifi is provided by a company called caraweb and cost me a fiver for the day.

Moving on to the meet tomorrow

IMG_0003.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)IMG_0004.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) Gladly with his apprentice Sgt Pepper

leg1.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) 144 towing miles

Aaron Calder likes this post!
Last edited Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:04 pm | Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:34 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.084 Posts

Quote: hob wrote in post #69
Wifi is provided by a company called caraweb and cost me a fiver for the day.
Wow! That sounds like a rip-off to me, Nev, and makes the CC's £10 for a week seem like a bargain - and I refused to pay that.

I think that WiFi should either be free or sold by the metered hour so you you can dip in and out throughout your stay until your allowance is used up. If you need more you could then add a bit more. There's only so much you can (or might want to do) on-line in a 24 hour period when on holiday.

Glad to hear that the holiday is off to a cracking start. See you on Friday.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:43 pm
by hob (deleted)

i thought it was a bit steep too but I'm only here for 1 night so not too worried .........I didn't ask what the weekly rate was

http://www.caraweb.co.uk/index.htm

See you Friday.

Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:21 pm
by hob (deleted)

Thursday 3rd july
Packed up the Triton and set off for the Eribafolk meet about 11.00 am.
http://www.appletreepark.co.uk/default.html
After a couple of hours of uneventful traveling I arrived at apple tree park to be greeted by Roger and Amanda and a few others that had arrived before me. The next day several more people arrived and soon the rear of the site was "Eriba city" with something like 15 vans occupying pitches.
Evenings were spent in large circles of chairs chatting and consuming various makes and colours of falling down water. Mornings started on 2 days with doughnuts delivered in a very clean box ...........many thanks for the thoughtful gesture Agger.

I did a trip to a supermarket for provisions while I was there and Sunday went out for lunch and a short stroll along the canal, most enjoyable.

All too soon Monday morning came around and it was time to say goodbye to lots of new friends and head west into Wales.

Lots of photo's already on the forum so one or 2 different views
leg 2.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)
P1320082.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) A quiet few moments
P1320103.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)P1320105.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) Night views

Aaron Calder and Randa france like this post!
Last edited Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:28 pm | Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:34 pm
by hob (deleted)

Monday 7th July

Traveled into Wales through several showers and after a couple of hours stopped to stretch my legs and admire the scenery, then on to the national show caves site which was suprisingly empty with only about 1\2 dozen vans on site, when I reported in I was told pick your own pitch so I looked for somewhere level and with a reasonable view.

http://www.showcaves.co.uk/

There was a slight drizzle all afternoon but not enough to put me off setting up properly and trying an experiment suggested by Roger whereby I sleep at the back of the van and use the front as a small seating area by taking off the seat cushions on the side by the loo and putting the table up the front corner to stand the tv on I have modified the idea to include my home made puck table to put the laptop on and use for having meals ect.
This allows me to have a good sized bed to sleep in instead of the very small single which is only 26 inches wide in a Triton but restricts my space for dumping all sorts of stuff on the seats at the back.
Gladly seems to like it as he gets to sit on the bed instead of the front windowsill over night.
leg 3.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)
P1320124.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

P1320115.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)P1320116.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

likes this post!
Last edited Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:29 pm | Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:41 pm
by hob (deleted)

Tuesday 8th July

Breakfast at the caves cafe and as the weather was good I decided that now was as good as any time to see the caves. After that a trip down the road to purchase provisions and a few stops in laybys to just enjoy the view.
It gets quite cold here in the evenings and tiny little winged biters come out to play so sitting by the window inside the van is a good option.
P1320131.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)P1320137.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)P1320145.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:43 pm
by Agger | 2.395 Posts

Quote: hob wrote in post #72
Mornings started on 2 days with doughnuts delivered in a very clean box ...........many thanks for the thoughtful gesture Agger.

Yourself and the others are most welcome

Scroll up

Page 5 of 9 previous Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 next Page

Visitors
5 Members and 2 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: Dickyrivs
Board Statistics
The forum has 6774 topics and 62732 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 5