Page 6 of 9 previous Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 next Page

RE: 2014 tour

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:47 pm
by Agger | 2.394 Posts

Quote: hob wrote in post #73
Monday 7th July small seating area by taking off the seat cushions on the side by the loo and putting the table up the front corner to stand the tv on I have modified the idea to include my home made puck table to put the laptop on and use for having meals ect.

Yes I was shown that as well Had me scratching my head but we tried it yesterday in the garden, I wonder why the small central cabinet in the Troll does not have a side rail for mounting this way? It is now something I am looking into

Last edited Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:48 pm | Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:52 pm
by Randa france | 7.177 Posts

Hey Nev. Glad to hear from you. JohnnyB44 has just said on another thread that you're not well. Is that withdrawal symptoms after all the alcohol you drunk at the weekend?
That's a bit of a sneeky pic you took of me and Mrs R having a snooze and do I see our orange beaker full of Normandy Cider in your chair's drinks holder? And it was only 2pm.....
The new living arrangements in the Hobmobile look great. We can see wall shelves containing books and DVD's being built in when you get back home.
Take care
R and A

[1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:22 am | Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:53 pm
by hob (deleted)

Wednesday 9th July

Set out to visit the Brecon mountain railway about an hours drive away. Caught the 12.15 for a nice ride by narrow gauge steam train along side the reservoir and a nice big ham and pickle sandwich in the cafe before setting out to return to the van.

P1320194.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)P1320203.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Vauxhall Insignia Sri towing 2006 Triton 430 import
Pop540 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Thu Jul 10, 2014 6:42 pm
by hob (deleted)

Thursday 10th July
Set off from the show caves at a little after 11.00am and arrived at Fforest Fields to find another Eriba on site and had a chat with johnnyb44 who arrived shortly before I did.

http://fforestfields.co.uk/

All set up now and gladly is human watching.

leg 4.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

P1320214.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)P1320215.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

ellen likes this post!
Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Fri Jul 11, 2014 8:11 pm
by hob (deleted)

Friday 11th July
What a glorious day weather wise, I set out for Llandrindod Wells this morning after reading somewhere that it was market day.
Mr tom tom had me turning right out of the campsite and after about 1\2 mile advised me to bear right again (Gladly was guarding the Eriba otherwise he would have told me bears are always right)

Anyway after turning right I found myself on what would be best described as a local B class road which would not have been my first choice of road. Having said that as I wound my way along blind corners fearful of what may be coming the other way and over a cattle grid the road began to climb and went up and up and soon I was on what felt like the top of the world with sheep wandering across the road and fantastic views in all directions, there was a farm track just before the summit where I could pull off the road and walk the last 30 or so feet to the very top.

What little of Llandrindod Wells that I did see was not impressive and after a quick look at the few market stalls that I managed to find and breakfast in a cafe and a few bits from the nearby co-op I set off for another look at that view, then back to site for a relaxed afternoon listening to the cricket on the new digital radio and clock that I bought in the co-op.
Evening meal consisted of a liberal amount of Fforest Fields sausages with an egg and some beans washed down with my bottle of old peculier and a seat outside in the glorious evening sun.

P1320231.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)P1320232.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

P1320237.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)P1320249.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Which proves that satnav's don't always drop you in the brown stuff and sometimes the best places are found by accident.

Crystal, Pop540 and Aaron Calder like this post!
Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Sat Jul 12, 2014 5:48 pm
by hob (deleted)

Saturday 12th July

The morning started off very misty with the mountain tops obscured but it soon burned off, meanwhile pottering on the web I found this watermill to visit.

http://www.talgarthmill.com/

Not a whole lot to see really but I did need some bread....................and I filled up the motor on the way back ready to move on to Daisy bank tomorrow.
I was rather fooled by the met office today as it has not rained anywhere as much as I expected so far......................so I never really planned much else for today, never mind its a nice site with great facilities and the cricket is still on the radio so I'm just chilling out.

38 mile round trip for a loaf of bread.

P1320265.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)P1320255.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

P1320268.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) Wild flowers behind my pitch

Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:46 pm
by hob (deleted)

Sunday 13th July

Packed ready to depart Fforest Fields and bid a fond farewell to johnnyb44 and his good lady (many thanks for the kind gift and the good company last evening)

Mr tom tom played me up and tried to take me down all sorts of tiny roads but after stopping in a layby and lots of screen tapping a deal was struck whereby we used all A class roads.................making the trip a good bit longer but I need the towing practice.

Gladly and Sgt pepper were suitably admonished for not doing much of a job navigating and are now demoted to eriba guards when I'm not in the van.

Anyway if you ever go to Daisy bank don't rely on the postcode cos it takes you to a house about 400 yards up the road ..............then I nearly missed the entrance..............reversing an eriba on an A class road is not for the feint hearted.

Setting up "nose in" just meant driving the van onto the pitch and unhooking
I should add here that nose in was not a requirement but gives me a great view out of the front windows
The site owner is an ex Eriba owner and understood the door on the wrong side thing.
The site is adult only which is welcome as I felt that Fforest Fields was rather spoiled by kids charging around on bikes and a pedal go cart.

Weather is cloudy but dry and I just spent a pleasant few minuets outside consuming the last of the Fforest Fields bangers with an egg and some "38 mile bread" washed down with some pinot grigio (I had to get that out of the fridge to see how to spell that) and if its out top the glass up

leg 5.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)
P1320270.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) Hobgoblin on his pitch
P1320272.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) view from the front windows

Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:53 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.083 Posts

Oh, how I wish I'd been there to see you doing those minuets, Neville!

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Sun Jul 13, 2014 6:56 pm
by hob (deleted)

Ok how do you spell 1\60th of an hour? the spoil chucker don't seem to know ?

Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Sun Jul 13, 2014 7:02 pm
by Pop540 | 1.543 Posts

wait a minute and I will see

Eriba troll 540 likes constant hugs, and buffs and the odd cuppa.

Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:03 pm
by hob (deleted)

Just seen my pitch number (looks around nervously for blue police box)
P1320273.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:23 pm
by Journeyers55 | 122 Posts

Hi hob
It sounds like you are having a great time out and about.Daisy bank is one of our favourite stops near relies for us and Kerry gives great views don't forget to vist Harry Tuffins for goodies and the Bog centre at the stiper stones for a lovely slice of home made cake ,the walks are good too to work the cake off .
Caz and Paul

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Sun Jul 13, 2014 10:27 pm
by Randa france | 7.177 Posts

Quote: hob wrote in post #86
Just seen my pitch number (looks around nervously for blue police box)

Hey Nev. You know you'll have to pay £1 per night extra for that pitch. According to the price list they charge extra for a dog.....

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Tue Oct 14, 2014 10:22 am | Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Mon Jul 14, 2014 8:45 pm
by hob (deleted)

Monday14th July

Took a trip into Ironbridge today to visit Blists Hill Victorian Town a Museum laid out as a small Victorian town.

blists-hill-victorian-town

Lots of interesting stuff to see,bought some old fashioned sweets a sugar mouse and a few other bits had fish and chips by the canal and saw a 2\3 scale working model of the first portable engine to run on rails invented by Richard Trevithick

http://www.irsociety.co.uk/Archives/59/Penydarren_2.htm

Shopping on the way back,it's very windy here on site but I did not notice it at Ironbridge.

P1320281.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)P1320282.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

P1320290.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)P1320292.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

P1320301.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Mon Jul 14, 2014 11:52 pm
by hob (deleted)

Having a night in with the family

P1320275.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

ellen likes this post!
Scroll up

Page 6 of 9 previous Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 next Page

Visitors
10 Members and 5 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: bazzapc
Board Statistics
The forum has 6759 topics and 62614 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 10