Awning for Eriba 540

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:27 pm
by jmitchard (deleted)

Have just bought from some Dutch campers their year 2000(approx) Eriba 540. Only saw it for about 10 mins! It is in Provence whilst I am in Oxford. Very excited about using it from July 2016. It needs an awning - I only need a cheap second-hand one say 3m by 2m, and really only a parasol with poles - I don't need the sides, just somewhere to sit in the shade and possibly also to have a regular size fridge.

Please would someone be kind enough to let me know - there is a metal track along the caravan for the awning - will any awning fit this - are they standardised? SO I could just buy a £50 parasol sort of thing with poles using ebay? Or do I need a specific Eriba one, and then a specific 540 one?

I have never owned a caravan before and am really looking forward to it! But would much rather drive to Provence with the awning already purchased than try to buy one in France.

Thank you so much for any help.

James

Scroll up

RE: Awning for Eriba 540

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:33 pm
by hob (deleted)

If all you are looking for is a sunshade type thing with no sides or front then the height is somewhat irrelevant as long as the poles are adjustable for height.

Consider getting something like an Isabella Shadow

click link below to see one in the gallery.

g25p320-Isabella-Shadow.html

Forum moderator
Vauxhall Insignia Sri 1.8 petrol 2015 towing 2006 Triton 430 import
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:35 pm
by hob (deleted)

Zitat
there is a metal track along the caravan for the awning - will any awning fit this -

Yes it is a standard 6 mm track.

Forum moderator
Vauxhall Insignia Sri 1.8 petrol 2015 towing 2006 Triton 430 import

likes this post!
Last edited Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:38 pm | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:34 pm
by Pop540 (deleted)

hello and welcome to eriba ownership 10 minutes wow
have a look here lots of different styles
g25-Eriba-Canopies-Sunshades-Windbreaks.html

Eriba troll 540 2003 likes constant hugs, and buffs and the odd cuppa.
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:08 pm
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

I'm making my own - bearing inmind the price of some.....
From Decathlon, I bought what they call a tarp - U.V. blocking fabric, complete with poles and guy ropes 32Euros. I'm making a side panel that will be moveable and attached with velcro. The cord that goes in the caravan track from a website - 16 euros. All in all, very economical and will be up in 5 minutes.

likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 24 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12541 topics and 105788 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1