ACSI - Date Search

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Nov 16, 2013 5:46 pm
by sibillini | 236 Posts

Hi all

Just bought ACSI for next year, but currently sketching out our route down through France and Italy next April online. The only real fixed points being that we want to see the Millau Bridge and visit the Cinqe Terre again.

Do any of the ACSI Pros. know of a way to search the ACSI database for Campsites that are open on a given day ?? It is pain scrolling through the sites one by one only to find they do not open till usually the 15th April for Easter.

Thanks

Charlie

Scroll up

RE: ACSI - Date Search

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:00 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.737 Posts

It is a problem, Charlie, but no doubt that well-known Welsh military strategist will tell you how it's done, 'cos he knows everything.

Going over the viaduct is a non-event so far as spectator sport is concerned and costs 10.50€. We spent a few days in Millau at 'Les Erables' on the riverside and drove up to the viewpoint to take our pictures.

The Tarn Gorges are not far away and are not to be missed. The climb/descent from the Causse Méjean is memorable.

Pointe Sublime02.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

If you enlarge the above picture taken of the Tarn from Le Point Sublime, you'll see that some creative person had worked hard to improve the tourists' view.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet

Last edited Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:00 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:49 pm
by Crystal | 244 Posts

If you go on their website and click on the 'camping card' tab at the top you can then search by several different things including 'holiday period'. Thanks for asking because I hadn't noticed it before - we always search by map!

I'd disagree about the viaduct - we took some amazing photos on the bridge as well as going to the viewing point.

Last edited Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:51 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Nov 16, 2013 8:38 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.737 Posts

Well I disagree with your disagreement, so there!

P1000719.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Not the same, is it?

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:13 pm
by Crystal | 244 Posts

Yes, we paid to go over it twice - 2007 and 2011! If you ask a certain person he will confirm that I have no head for heights, so it must be special. Mind you I always feel a bit emotional crossing back into Wales over the new bridge, whilst gazing across at the old one!!!
SS850236.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)SS850241.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

IMG_1101.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)IMG_1106.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Last edited Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:20 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:01 am
by sibillini | 236 Posts

Brian

Thank you for your tip about the Tarn gorges and indeed your photograph. Didn't realise the Cerne Abbas giant had french relatives

I think the bridge is one of the modern wonders and as an Engineer feel it was a stunning achievement the way it was built, always wanted to go and see it. However, I probably side with Brian, the full view from the valley is the one I would like to see, but who knows.

Thank you also Crystal for your tip about the ACSI card search facility, must admit I thought I had looked everywhere.

Charlie

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 36 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12499 topics and 105498 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1