Removal of plastic fairings.

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:13 pm
by Manwithaskoda (deleted)

Now, something else. This appears a simple job on the surface, on my Familia 320, and concerns removing the plastic front corners, plastic wheel arches, and plastic rear corners. They are to be removed for painting, and then refitted once done. However, the front units contain the side lights, and the rear units contain the tail lights and indicators. I'm nervous about messing about with the wiring, unless there's an easy way to disconnect it. AL suggest I have the units painted in situ, but this involves extensive masking for the paint shop to undertake. Will the units come off easily and the wiring disconnect easily? Or not?

Scroll up

RE: Removal of plastic fairings.

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:10 am
by jasond4289 (deleted)

Sorry, I can't help you but I'm sure others will be able to. It would help to know the year of manufacture as the lights seem to change every five years or so when they freshen up the look.

2005 Familia 320GT.
and Randa france like this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:21 am
by Randa france | 12.885 Posts

If it's a 2001- 2005 model then there's a bit about it in Amanda Pop540's blog "The 10 year restoration, and other Jobs throughout Ownership". blog 22 in the forum blog pages.

Randa

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

likes this post!
Last edited Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:07 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun Jul 17, 2016 9:17 am
by hob (deleted)

Hi Steve, I have been looking at previous posts from you to see exactly which model and year of van you have, and I found this from last December.

fam.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

I also saw a post that it came from AL and also saw that you live very close by in Poole ?

If it was indeed "brand new" just 8 months ago I'm curious why all those bits need repainting? If there is some sort of problem with the paintwork and its that new it must be covered by the Eriba warranty?

Forum moderator
Vauxhall Insignia Sri 1.8 petrol 2015 towing 2006 Triton 430 import
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:11 pm
by Manwithaskoda (deleted)

Hi. No, there's nothing wrong with the units. I want them painting in the colour of the tow car, to break up the white. However, I've decided that, as this is one of those simple jobs that doesn't appear to be that simple, I will spray the fairings in situ, obviously with plenty of masking. Thanks for your interest, anyway.

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:24 pm
by Randa france | 12.885 Posts

Love to see the "Before" and "After" photos if you can.

Randa

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

and like this post!
Last edited Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:08 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:51 pm
by hob (deleted)

I did that with a puck once

Before
P1290521.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

During

P1290843.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) P1290888.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

After
P1290917.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

If you are not used to paint spraying and bearing in mind its a new van and a good finish is important my advice would be to get it done professionally.
Not cheap but important to be done right on a new van.

Forum moderator
Vauxhall Insignia Sri 1.8 petrol 2015 towing 2006 Triton 430 import
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:56 am
by Agger (deleted)

I removed the rear lights shrouds, wheelarches and front valance from our 2004 Troll. The wheelarches and front valance are easy, or were on ours, as it's just a case of removing the screw covers and undoing some screws.

The rear lights are a bit more difficult (again bear in kind this was on a 2004 Troll and I'm talking from memory, as sold ours a year ago!) You need to remove the shroud inside the Eriba, if you look internally you shoud find the fitments for the exterior lights, from memory there is a "u" shaped metal bracket with a bolt in the middle? I could go on but it's easy peasy and I'm not a diyer! The light lenses need to be removed (3 screws) and the witing stayed intact on ours! No need to disconnect or fiddle with cables or connections. I hope that helps somewhat, if you need more please come back to me, I'm not on here as much as I used to be But I'll check this thread for the next few days😎

Likes to wax and have a smooth finish! 😎

I am above no one and no one is below me
likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 49 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105776 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0