RE: Where do you store it all?

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:28 pm
by Crow (deleted)

I shifted a few things overhead in my garage, and when I change my
strip lights to pendants I will redo and partially board the full width of
the garage for stuff like the awning and ploles (or perhaps just the poles)
I cleared out the loft last year and there is still stuff stacked in the garage!
Most of it is tools and special tools or jigs for particular machines, I am a
bit of a magpie and I cannot bear to throw away the metal, (all stainless)
When I have enough space I can make my fold down benches for my
bandsaw and pillar drill etc. which currently lie buried.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Nov 20, 2013 3:50 pm
by Steamdrivenandy (deleted)

Unfortunately our garage has a flat roof and so no roof storage, which I know from past experience is a great asset. It grieved me greatly two houses back when we moved from a double garage with roof storage house, to a single garage with no roof storage. I left an awful lot of good timber and bits and pieces behind up in the roof.

I've often wondered how much it would cost to put a pitched roof on the garage, especially when I realised the Troll wouldn't fit inside for want of another row of bricks. However as well as the roof it would involve strengthening the three non-house walls to take the extra weight, installing a bigger door and frame and making a further part of our short but wide garden even darker

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:29 am
by Crow (deleted)

I drove past a garage that had been raised and roofed with UPVC,
rather like a conservatory, someone thinking outside the box!

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:41 am
by Steamdrivenandy (deleted)

So where's the picture Rodders?

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:23 am
by Randa france | 12.853 Posts

Quote: Crow wrote in post #18
I drove past a garage that had been raised and roofed with UPVC,
rather like a conservatory, someone thinking outside the box!

WE once had a garage like that. Being in the industry, I removed the existing roof, raised it, fitted aluminium conservatory roof bar sections and 16mm triple wall polycarbonate. It was great. We even had a grape vine growing in there..
About 15 years ago we extended the house but had to keep some sort of a garage as part of the planning permission so although our garage is now very narrow (hardly worth cramming a car in there although our XR3i lives there) it's over 7 metres long and has a very tall 45% lean to roof. I've dedicated a small portion of that to storage and have built a wayrock floor up there to house all our now redundant tents and some camping equipment.
R

"http://smileys.emoticonsonly.com/emoticons/w/wales-1627.gif"
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 45 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12500 topics and 105504 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0