Stained sink

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Jul 27, 2016 7:37 pm
by Weeksd (deleted)

Hi

After a cheap bottle of liquid hand soap leaked into the kitchen sink of our Troll 530, it removed some of the coating of the sink leaving a nasty 'stain'. Not sure what was in the soap but if it does that to the sink, imagine what it does to your hands!

Does anybody know how to replace the sink please? To me, it looks like I'd have to remove the hob, force off the worktop which appears to be glued on, replace the sink then glue the worktop back on again (assuming it's still in one piece). If that's the case, I don't really fancy it.

Perhaps there's some sort of paint that can be sprayed on to recoat the sink without removing it?

Any ideas please?

Thanks
Dave

Scroll up

RE: Stained sink

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:08 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.744 Posts

Any chance of a photo, Dave?

How old is your Troll and what is your sink made of?

Most are stainless steel so I'm a bit puzzled by the 'coating' to which you refer.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet

Last edited Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:01 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:07 pm
by campnsnooze | 1.148 Posts

Hi...Before the expense of a new sink, have you tried a stainless steel cleaner like Hob Brite etc. There are quite a few types in the large supermarkets. When we bought our van, we had loads of marks in our sink and and the cooker guard and we removed most with one of these products...sorry can't remember the name now.
Good luck.
Chris

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:58 am
by Weeksd (deleted)

Thanks for the replies.

The sink, which is in a 2014 Troll 530, appears to be made of aluminium with a light, silvery coating. The soap seems to have 'eaten away' at this coating so I'm not sure that something like Hob Brite would work, although I'll take a look in the supermarket to see if there might be something appropriate. I'll also take a picture next time I'm down at the caravan.

Thanks again
Dave

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 41 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105776 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0