This weekend

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:39 pm
by Eribanut | 1.116 Posts

Anyone out this weekend ?

We are spending 2 nights on Dartmoor as weather f/c is pretty good

Hope to go to Cotehele to see xmas garland

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

RE: This weekend

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:09 pm
by Randa france | 7.177 Posts

It's still Knaresborough/Harrogate for us until Monday. Don't know what to expect weather wise. Cold enough for snow

"http://smileys.emoticonsonly.com/emoticons/w/wales-1627.gif"
Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:34 pm
by Steamdrivenandy (deleted)

We love Cotehele and visited it almost yearly for half a dozen years when we were first married. Seems a long while ago.

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:54 am
by Crow (deleted)

+1 We loved Cothele, we had a really sunny day and outside and gardens were lovely.
I took a number of interior shots but the one I really wanted was through the spy-hole
down into the entrance hall but I only got one go as a crowd arrived
We saw the jetty with a boat alongside and the mill. Nice meal and the icecream was superb.

Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:36 pm

Ahh yes the spy hole To see if Henry's men are calling

Will post some pics of the Garland it was very impressive

Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Sun Nov 24, 2013 9:37 pm

Bit cold on Dartmoor mind but 800w Rad and fire kept us toasty

Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:25 pm
by MCINND (deleted)

Kim and I are off to Kovalam, Kerala for a winter break to get some sun + R&R from Wednesday 27th November via Dubai.
Van is all wrapped up under it's cover.
Checked again yesterday, all nice fine with a little oil radiator keeping the van warm / dry.

David

Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:32 pm

Sounds nice David. Got room for a bag carrier?

Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Mon Nov 25, 2013 5:14 pm
by Unhitched (deleted)

Do you all keep some heat going in your vans over the winter??

Lee, ' Hitched' to Sarah....and in search of an Eriba to also be hitched up to....
Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:16 pm

I've never bothered heating over winter, but I do keep the windows slightly open on the vent stop to allow air circulation. That said caravans generally have enough vents anyway, given the gas drop out and other holes.

Both our Trolls had quite large vented areas top and bottom of the door. More recent vans don't have those door vents but I assume other vents have taken their place elsewhere. Our '05 540 had the roof vent just aft of the poptop and I believe it's still fitted, a lovely place for spiders to nest.

Given all those holes I wonder how much effect a low heat all winter actually has?

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:24 pm

I've been told NOT to heat the van interior during winter storage because it causes condensation. We've also been told to keep a tray of cat litter in the van to absorb any moisture in the air although we didn't bother last winter and it made little if no difference.
Randa

Last edited Mon Nov 25, 2013 6:27 pm | Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:01 pm
by Pop540 | 1.543 Posts

we pop the top on nice sunny days, but remove the cushions into house to preheat if using, makes repacking easier in under lockers,
I charge the bat now and again, enjoy a cuppa, vacuum out
but otherwise no need for heat

Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:05 pm
by Crow (deleted)

To get an airflow you need a difference in air pressure/ temperature
all the holes are at floor level, so some sort of vent at high level would
get a good circulation going.

Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:10 pm

I agree with you Roger, cat litter, salt crystals, special damp crystals are of no real benefit.

If you think about it there's no way a small platter of crystal is going to dry the air in a van that's outside in the open air or even an unheated barn. The air all around will have the moisture content it has and that air is constantly moving in and out and through your van. Sure the cystals will get damp because they'll absorb moisture, that's what they do, but it will make no difference to the moisture content in the air in the van, there's simply too much of it.

Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:14 pm
by Pop540 | 1.543 Posts

well unless your a cat lol

Last edited Mon Nov 25, 2013 7:15 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 5 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: bazzapc
Board Statistics
The forum has 6758 topics and 62609 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4