RE: Newbies from Worcestershire

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:49 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

Good choice in your purchase

Think you will have a stunning combination with van and T5

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:50 pm
by Stew (deleted)

Just returned from a visit to Jandi. Sandy has just taken delivery of a silver 420 and extremely smart it was. I could have been tempted very easily. Your health to enjoy it when it arrives.

Stewart

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:42 pm
by Pop540 (deleted)

is that the silver one skippers put in the gallery?

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:13 pm
by Blueyonder (deleted)

The pics from skipper show an identical spec to ours, excep the demo we saw had the extra reading lights in the front corners (I remember that as I hit my head on one!). I am going to make curtains to go with those I made for our (towing) van, so it'll look a little bit different (and who has net curtains thesedays?!?)

The one thing I cant really understand with Eribas, is why all the faff to tie the canvas of the pop top all into the top edge of the toilet compartment. Surely this just makes replacing the canvas, if you ever have to, a right pain. Let's face it, it offers little by way of extra privacy or protection from 'whiffs' etc. Okay, while am on pointless things in Eribas, why do we have to pay for a completely pointless shower curtain?!

Just quickly whilst I am here, sorry if I appear to lurk on here all the time. I use a tablet mainly and it leaves everything you have used open in the background and you cant shut anything down. I tried altering the settings today and it still does it, but I now cant work out how to use everything else!! (and I cant see the confused emoticon on this, when I can on my laptop and desktop!).

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:49 pm
by Steamdrivenandy (deleted)

Net curtains are a very personal thing. We have no net curtains at home but of the eight houses clustered round the end of our close only three have no nets at all. When we had Eribas we insisted on using the nets because in our opinions the inside of the tube looks and feels very bare, cold and 'hard' without them and nobody can see inside, so you don't have to go through shutting all the blinds when dressing etc. Don't forget in an Eriba unless you're tiny you can't dress in the washroom.

With no canvas round the washroom anyone over about 5ft 10 ins would have their disembodied heads visible above the funiture without the canvas. A rather odd look, again in our opinion. In fact it took me a while to realise that the canvas above the door rolls up to allw taller people to enter without bending. Before the discovery I had to bend under, whilst twisting sideways to get my shoulders through the doorway. Not v graceful.

The shower curtain is a dealership and Hymer stupidity. The basic Touring spec is for a mixer tap only. Hymer offer a shower set as an option which consists of a pull-out extending shower tap plus a shower curtain. For reasons known only to themselves the late, relatively unlamented Eriba UK used to include the shower set in their standard spec. for the English/Welsh market and I believe Jandi offered it as standard in Scotland. When AL took over the franchise a few years back they continued the idiocy. Some say that you can use the shower head to wash your hair, but you'd have to have a v small head not to smother the surroundings in water, the bowl is so small.

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:37 pm
by Blueyonder (deleted)

I hear ya Andy, but re the canvass and the toilet I would guess that about 99% of people that share an Eriba aren't in the slightest bit worried about exposing the top of their head in a washroom. My husband saw me have his three children, the top of my head is the least of my worries in life! In many european restrooms one has to expose much more than that, at the top and the bottom, and to complete strangers!

Re the nets you're probably right but with nets, if the lights are on inside, ppl outside can see you, if they aren't they can't. So, I just un/dress with the lights inside off or shut the blinds. If I try anything funky with ours, I'll see what people think!

Re the shower, I could understand it if the bathroom was moulded in plastic, so you could get away with a shower or wash your hair in an emergency but I suspect the slightest bit of moisture on those units would have all that veneer stuff peeling off in a heartbeat.

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:08 pm
by Steamdrivenandy (deleted)

Of course they used to be all plastic. Our original 540 was a 2001 and that had an all plastic washroom. That changed in 2004/5 and our last 540 was a 2005 with the 'modernised' washroom. Of course it's been through two more redesigns since then. Maybe plastic will come around again in four years time.

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 23 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12503 topics and 105515 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1