Newbies from Worcestershire

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:01 pm
by Blueyonder (deleted)

Hi there, we've ordered a new Triton in silver to go with our silver VWT5 campervan. It arrives in February and we are new to caravans, so I am reading up on things I need to know about towing/caravanning/Eriba ownership! We tour a lot across Europe and there are limits to a T5 when you tour for months on end (much as we love our T5), so we bought an Eriba!

Scroll up

RE: Newbies from Worcestershire

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:12 pm
by Randa france | 12.845 Posts

Hello Blueyonder and welcome to this forum.
There are many of us here who like you, enjoy touring Europe. We normally do a three month tour every year. Interestingly, one of our members, who has had a number of Eribas over the past ten years, has also towed with a T5 or similar.
He posts on here regularly so I'm sure you'll be able to compare notes.
If you have any questions regarding your new Eriba then please ask. Almost all our members have had years of experience with Eriba caravans and I know they'll be very happy to answer any your questions.
R and A

"http://smileys.emoticonsonly.com/emoticons/w/wales-1627.gif"
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:04 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

Hi Blueyonder, welcome to Eribafolk!
We towed a 420GT with a T5 for a couple of years. The T5 was a long wheel based Bilbos Nexa 2010.
We thought it would be the ideal combination and indeed it towed beautifully!
We had a detatchable Westphalia towbar fitted and there was no problem with the height of the towball. We used the combination all over the UK and in Europe.
However it was hard to reconcile pulling an extra bedroom, kitchen and toilet around! We decided to revert to a car and Eriba.
If you had any specific questions then please ask. Perhaps this should be in the towing thread.
TonyP

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:11 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.733 Posts

Blueyonder.

Good to have your company! I'm sure that any queries you have will be quickly and expertly answered.

A new Triton, eh? What a brilliant choice, you lucky things. Ours is now more than 10 years old and still going strong. We love it, as I'm sure you will yours. I bet you can't wait for February to come.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:23 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.603 Posts

don't forget to post some pictures of your Silver Triton when you get it......

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Nov 25, 2013 10:50 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

.....and the T5!

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Nov 25, 2013 11:45 pm
by Pop540 (deleted)

February!!! so exciting welcome to the forum

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:18 am
by ellen (deleted)

Wow, T5 and Eriba to come, you lucky devils. We hope to get a T5 eventually to tow our Familia as we could do with the extra bed and mainly because we love the vw vans. Welcome to the forum, some of us are slightly mad but all are good fun. Hope to see your silver Triton at a future meet and there's a chance we may just bring your van home by mistake!!!! . Ellen

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:48 am
by Crow (deleted)

Hi, didn't I just see this post on the Eriba Forum
What a really nice outfit!

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:31 am
by Deeps (deleted)

2013 Triton 430, VW Touran TDI BM
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:07 pm
by Blueyonder (deleted)

Thanks for the welcome guys :) I have been reading lots of useful info on here but be patient if I have stoopid questions ;) I'll work out how to post pics and put some up when ours arrives :)

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:23 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.733 Posts

The only 'stupid' questions are the ones that you don't ask and later wish you had.

Ask away!

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:10 pm
by Blueyonder (deleted)

I thought I'd upload a pic of our towing vehicle (principally to see if I could work out how to!). I'll post a pic of it with the new silver Triton behind it when we've got it!

Van.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

I've enjoyed reading all the posts here. In the last couple of days I've had the odd cup of coffee with the Eriba Manual.... hmmm, methinks the old man will have to have an arrival/departure checklist for a while! We don't pick up until February, but I look forward to participating more when we are actually Eriba owners (well, as we've paid I guess we are the owners, but its still at the factory!).

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:21 pm

Love the photograph. Where was that taken? Lovely weather makes us think back to our time in France earlier this year and to look forward to next year's trip.
At this time of year there's little Eriba chat about but perhaps you can let us know more about your recent vacations with the T5. We can then compare notes regarding touring with an Eriba. That'll set you up ready for your new adventures....

Randa

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:27 pm

Blueyonder (Simon and Lesley) have uploaded a very interesting post regarding their travels with the T5. I thought it deserved a thread of its own so I've moved it to here:- RE:Eriba Touring Advice

I'm sure Blueyonder would love to hear of the way touring with an Eriba differs from their own experiences.

Randa

Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 34 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12496 topics and 105477 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3