Vandalised Locks.

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Oct 07, 2016 9:27 pm
by Manwithaskoda (deleted)

Hi, everybody. A few words about the sturdyness of our Eribas. My Familia 320 is kept in storage, and the other evening, the compound was broken into, and some characters targeted around ten caravans, including mine, to steal the batteries. They broke into external lockers to get at the batteries. The other caravans were all conventional Bailey-type ones, the lockers were duly broken into, and the batteries taken. The storage owner said the Bailey locks didn't even look like they'd been tampered with. The Eriba, however, stood firm. Apart from the fact the battery doesn't have external access (the thieves didn't know that), the side locker and the Thetford toilet locker were attacked. As you can see from the pictures, the locks now need replacing, but I was impressed with the way the Eriba was invincible, and, therefore, superior to conventional caravans.IMG_20161007_1150537.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)IMG_20161007_1150266.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Randa france, Poptop320, mr_underhill, Magpie, , PhilipM, and Bryn like this post!
Scroll up

RE: Vandalised Locks.

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Oct 08, 2016 12:13 pm
by Magpie | 672 Posts

Encouraging information here. However, we learnt a security lesson when away last. I somehow knocked the door lock on when I closed the door to exit and locked us out. As the weather was hot I had left the windows closed but on the latches (night latches?). From outside it was amazingly easy to use the cross bar of a rock peg to unhook the window latches through the tiny gap. OH then managed to hoist me through the side window. Undignified but effective! Luckily the bed was made up and I had a soft landing. Glad no-one was watching. But I'll be more careful with the door and lock the windows in future!

Eribanut likes this post!
Last edited Sat Oct 08, 2016 7:00 pm | Scroll up

RE: Vandalised Locks.

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Oct 08, 2016 2:08 pm
by hob (deleted)

When I go away I keep the spare car key in the van and the spare van key in the car

Forum moderator
Vauxhall Insignia Sri 1.8 petrol 2015 towing 2006 Triton 430 import
Poptop320, and like this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 47 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105778 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1