Move Control

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:31 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

Reich Move Control

What a pain an intermittent fault is.
Our new Troll, March 2013, has a Reich Move Control.
The caravan has to pass through a very narrow entrance which necessitates us using a mover. There is only about 15 mm clearance each side.
I noticed that, occasionally, there seemed to be a stop or hesitation in the moving and I assumed this was probably a break in the communication between the remote handset and the control box. Some gentle swearing generally encouraged it back into action.
However the problem became worse and then the handset began to turn itself off unexpectedly. Sometimes it could be restarted after a short while but on random occasions it would not turn on. No amount of abuse would persuade it back into action.

Rick at Reich suggested that if I could remove the control box and send it to them with the remote control he would bench test them. In the best traditions of intermittent faults it performed faultlessly and was returned to me.
You will guess what comes next.......the caravan was stranded half in and out of our entrance when the remote stopped again.
Another call to Reich resulted in an arrangement for us to go to the NEC where they would exchange the unit.

For a day or two before we went I kept activating the remote which, obviously, gave me the 2 fingers and performed perfectly. So, although I expected to be able to exchange it I reckoned that they would think I was just some old Wally who could not operate it properly.
So I was secretly really pleased when the guy on the stand took it, pressed the red button twice and yes.......the little bastard thing did not work! Result!
So back home now with new unit tried and tested ready for next trip.
Big thanks to Dave and Rick at Reich UK.

Last edited Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:32 pm | Scroll up

RE: Move Control

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:39 pm
by Randa france | 12.860 Posts

Well done mate...and well done defective remote for not letting you down..so to speak.

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:45 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.741 Posts

Great result!

It pays to be persistent but the guys at Reich can't be faulted on their customer care.

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:43 am
by Crow (deleted)

I seem to remember someone using a 3mtr. stereo lead with their mover handset
Does anyone else recall this? Cost around £4 instead of £30

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:55 am
by Frantone (deleted)

I remember that!
During my recent handset problem I connected to the control box using the cable supplied.
Or rather I tried to connect.
Th control box is fitted in the battery area under one of the long bed bases. It is fitted so close to the top horizontal frame that the jack plug cannot be inserted into the socket on the box. I had to find a right angled 3.5mm jack plug to enable connection. This location also makes it extremely difficult to get at the reset button and to see the red LED in the control box.

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:31 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

may I enquire who fitted your mover ?

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun Oct 27, 2013 9:45 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

AL.
I believe they have somebody come in to fit them.
This surprised me because I thought they would have the expertise to do it themselves.
The control box is fitted in such a way as to be inaccessible to use the reset button or insert the jack plug or see the red LED.
If the system is working properly then none of these are important but in the event of any problems it is these that are needed.

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:08 pm
by crow (deleted)

In an emergency unscrew the main panel from the floor, to fit
the cable in, don't be shy!
Afterwards line the holes up put the screws back in, turn anti clockwise
until the screw "clicks" into the original thread start position. Get all the
screws started then tighten up gently and evenly.
You can always retighten a screw, but not if you have overtightened it and spoilt the thread

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:22 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

The main panel in mine is not screwed to the floor but to the bed frame 'side wall'.
This makes any work on it at all awkward and uncomfortable.
But I did manage to remove it completely and refit it after testing.
Incidentally it was the handset that was intermittently faulty. Reich replaced it and I was ultimately very happy with their help and service.
TonyP

Some Eribas and motorhomes.
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Mar 06, 2014 7:55 pm
by Sparks | 33 Posts

Thanks Tony - An apt reminder for me to check my control box, also fitted in the same location by AL to a Troll.

Scroll up

Visitors
7 Members and 59 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12512 topics and 105577 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 7