CT Shenanigans

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:12 am
by Steamdrivenandy (deleted)

For a variety of reasons I've not powered up our desktop PC since Friday and I'm writing this on my Nexus 4 phone. That means I've not been able to access the Mod. facilities on CT and am just as much in the dark as everyone else as to why the posts were pulled. So the assumption by certain parties that I have been moderating the posts is totally without foundation. From experience I suspect that the removal will have been discussed fully by several experienced staff and the decision based on whether t&cs have been broken.
As to latest developments I'm not surprised at the 3am lurking by you know who, but do all Eriba owners suffer insomnia ?

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up

RE: CT Shenanigans

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:25 am
by ellen (deleted)

Hi Andy, I thought there was only me up and about at that horrid hour but I was wrong, the "banned then unbanned" topic has raised its ugly head and to be honest I find it all a bit spooky that whoever the latest poster on CT is can't move on and get on with the running of their forum. Keep well Andy. Ellen.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:47 am
by hob (deleted)

The milkman was up early

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:50 am
by ellen (deleted)

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Dec 01, 2013 8:58 am
by Aaron Calder | 3.738 Posts

I was surprised to find that my recent post on Caravan Talk suggesting that we now all move on had been deleted, possibly because I identified myself as an Eribafolk Administrator. I did that so that unlike our sneaky friend who posted as 'Andy Smith,' there would be no confusion as to MY true identity.

I note that said sneaky person is now threatening legal action against CT. If he hadn't been so quick to remove posts from the other place and suspend membership on mere suspicion of 'misuse of the PM system', none of this would have happened. It's about time he grew up.

As I said in my deleted post, his petulant, childish behaviour merely serves to confirm how right we were to set up this alternative forum.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:21 am
by Frantone (deleted)

He cannot even allow himself to use the word Eribafolk!
There is also a valuable lesson for us all.......... Avoid late night posting! It turns public into pubic.

The CT thread is now locked.

Last edited Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:25 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:06 am
by Steamdrivenandy (deleted)

I think I can safely say that the CT team are going to keep a very close eye on Mr Smith and he could find himself suffering the fate that he's imposed on so many others.

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.

Last edited Sun Dec 01, 2013 11:07 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:53 pm
by Blueyonder (deleted)

I have to say, as a complete newbie to caravans, caravan related websites and forums, I am quite amazed reading about all this forum marlarky and people being banned for daring to use other forums etc. I assume (please correct me if wrong lol) that the vast majority of caravaning people are well over 25 and therefore most should have sufficient life experiences to have taught them a few important things about life. I will also assume (and hope!) that as a result, said forum malarky would have been perpetrated by only a teeny number of these people......and that, because I have bought a caravan, I don't have to now start engaging in cloak and dagger stuff on the internet to enjoy what is, after all, a leisure activity!

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:05 pm
by Randa france | 12.859 Posts

Don't let it worry you Lesley. It's a long story which should have been buried long before now. The shenanigans are solely down to one person not belonging to this forum, who won't let it go.
No cloak and dagger tactics needed on any of the Caravan forums now and in the case of this forum, we've always had an open policy.
Roger

"http://smileys.emoticonsonly.com/emoticons/w/wales-1627.gif"
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Dec 01, 2013 4:56 pm
by hob (deleted)

Zitat
I assume (please correct me if wrong lol) that the vast majority of caravaning people are well over 25 and therefore most should have sufficient life experiences to have taught them a few important things about life. I will also assume (and hope!) that as a result, said forum malarky would have been perpetrated by only a teeny number of these people......and that, because I have bought a caravan, I don't have to now start engaging in cloak and dagger stuff on the internet to enjoy what is, after all, a leisure activity!

I am 62 next week and reasonably experienced in life to say that this is a problem with one mis guided individual who is not happy at this moment in time

Please don't let it put you off either caravans or forums.

Neville

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:00 pm
by Pop540 (deleted)

happy birthday

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:30 pm
by Blueyonder (deleted)

Phew, I haven't done cloak and dagger on the internet since our three children were teenagers!

And Happy Birthday Hob!

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Dec 01, 2013 5:43 pm
by hob (deleted)

Zitat
And Happy Birthday Hob!

Thanks but its not for a week or so yet

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 10 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12508 topics and 105552 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0