Page 13 of 14 « previous Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 next Page »

RE: New Kampa awning

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:38 pm
by ColinMorgan (deleted)

Hi, we have a 365 and it is definitely worth removing the front of the awning , I didn't find it much of a struggle to thread the awning in but either end of the beading did pop out once fully erected. I went to the Kampa stand at the NEC and asked, after which I was given a sheet produced by Kampa for owners of post 2010 Eribas. I was told that post 2010 models having a raised awning rail allowed the beading to pop out at either end. The printed sheet shows cutting 80mm (corrected by another member) of beading off either end. It also states that this will not affect warranty. I haven't used the van since so I have yet to adapt the awning.

Colin

Troll 542 (with Forever Young history)
Colin Morgan

Last edited Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:58 am | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:43 am
by eribaMotters | 5.295 Posts

Colin,
are you sure about the 200mm. I believe the modification instructions say 80mm each end.

The other Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:00 am
by ColinMorgan (deleted)

You're correct, should have read the sheet before posting.
Must be my age?
I've corrected my initial posting, thanks for pointing this out.

C

For the avoidance of doubt.

image.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Troll 542 (with Forever Young history)
Colin Morgan

Last edited Mon Mar 19, 2018 10:20 am | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun Mar 25, 2018 9:41 pm
by Joan Stockbridge (deleted)

Have just tried my Kampa 340 air on our 2007 Triton 410 (low rail) and it fits a treat. Panic over!

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun Mar 25, 2018 10:03 pm

Well done Joan. I'm sure you will be very happy with it. The awning comes into it;s own when it gets to taking it down. It is very quick.
I would advise that whenever possible at night you leave the zip out front of the awning down a couple of inches and you will get no/vastly reduced condensation.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed May 09, 2018 6:27 pm

Well for all of you with the lower awning rail all I can say is how lucky you are in that you can enjoy this awning. An excellent idea but flawed for some owners.
I have now thrown in the towel on my Pop-air on my higher awning rail van.
Kampa had the awning back and fitted another awning cord, but no luck. It still pulls out at the ends and I did not even get around to getting the thing fully up. The pump hose also ripped.
Lowdhams have offered a full refund if I drop it off, so on the way to the summer meet that is what I'm going to do.

I believe my problem boils down to a couple of factors. We know that the awning has problems coping with the tightness of the curve, but my awning rail must also have a slightly wide groove/channel. This has been made worse by the awning cord pulling on the opening and now making it a bit bigger. This has resulted in the ends of my Fortex even pulling out, so I have had to adjust the gap with a hammer and piece of wood to spread the force, again.

This summer in France we're on one site for 17 nights so it is worth time to put up the huge Fortex. We have the Isabella Shadow for sunny short stays and now the Sunncamp Swift Van Canopy 260 for wet short stays, so we are well covered.
I'll reassess the situation later in the year when other products might become available, Vango may come to the rescue as the idea of an easy to erect air awning does still appeal.

front.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)back.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)
Colin

Poptop320 likes this post!
Last edited Wed May 09, 2018 8:45 pm | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri May 11, 2018 2:16 pm
by Rfjamieson1 (deleted)

Hi Colin

A couple of questions -

Is your Sunncamp Swift Van Canopy 260 the same as this one on Amazon?:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sunncamp-Swift-...uct_top?ie=UTF8

Do you have any pics of your Sunncamp canopy on your van? We have an older 420 and we're interested to know if this canopy will fit, and whether it will cut across the window (and if that matters)?

We've recently acquired the Shadow canopy, and whilst we like it for sunny days, we're thinking about getting a more enclosed shelter for wetter weather.

Secondly, we saw the Outdoor Revolution Oxygen Movelite 3 Driveaway Air Awning at AL and were quite impressed - did you consider this one?

Thanks

Ron

Ron & Angela

Triton 420 GT 2005, Pedro, with a Mercedes 220 estate
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri May 11, 2018 2:58 pm

Ron,
if you have a look here I think it will help you make a decision. It does cover the window, but I think you would be able to peg it so access to the underbed locker is still possible. Sunncamp Swift Van Canopy 260 (2)
At the time the Outdoor Revolution Oxygen Movelite 3 Driveaway Air Awning was not available. I must admit though that I would not have considered it. I'm a bit of an awning snob in that I want a canvas like fabric for such a permanent/expensive bit of kit. For a canopy/cheapo then something lightweight is fine, like the Sunncamp Swift for example.

Colin

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat May 12, 2018 3:29 pm
by Rfjamieson1 (deleted)

Thanks, Colin. That definitely looks promising. I've now come across a similar canopy by Sunncamp, but it has a front flap, making it into a sort of awning. My only concern is the rail height is quoted as between 235 and 250 (my rail height is 186). However, they seem to be the same basic shape. Did you consider this? The addition of the front flap would make it more flexible I guess.

https://outdoormania.co.uk/sunncamp-swif...#product-detail

Ron & Angela

Triton 420 GT 2005, Pedro, with a Mercedes 220 estate
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat May 12, 2018 4:09 pm

After fitting my Sunncamp I contacted Kenmar Camping with photos and a short review so they can advise future Eriba owners. I did say that with the addition of side skirts and a front it would be very promising as a possble awning for the van. They believe Sunncamp are considering introducing one next year as they already make one for "normal" vans. If it had a heavier material I would be interested as although not a blow up it would be fairly quick.

Colin

and like this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:22 am
by Eric (deleted)

IMG_0262.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)IMG_0263.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)IMG_0264.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Well I got one, easy to erect first time but need to make minor adjustments.

Keith and Sue and Randa france like this post!
Last edited Wed Jul 04, 2018 10:31 am | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:33 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.607 Posts

Kampa have added an annex and Sun canopy as extras.

IMG_20180812_213035.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri Aug 17, 2018 5:19 pm
by Soulbluesman (deleted)

Hi Poptop

Can I ask where this came from? Our 365 does not have a door on either side to attach the annexe to. MikeT

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:28 pm

Mike,
the above is the latest version of the awning, the 2019 model. I did not think sales of this have come through yet.

Colin

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:35 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.607 Posts

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!

likes this post!
Last edited Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:19 pm | Scroll up

Page 13 of 14 « previous Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 next Page »

Visitors
5 Members and 17 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12509 topics and 105553 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 5