New Kampa awning

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:57 am
by Bigmandiddyvan (deleted)

Hi all, just a quickie, did any of you order a new Kampa inflatable awning at the October NEC exhibition, if so, have you had it delivered yet? I am still waiting.
Cheers Brian.

Scroll up

RE: New Kampa awning

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Fri Jan 13, 2017 6:01 pm
by Randa france | 12.855 Posts

Since this thread Brian, you've had several responses from Eribafolk facebook and it would seem that others are in the same boat.

For anyone on here interested, this is one response :-

David Pennell We ordered ours at the show, received a phone call in December saying it would be delivered in January. We rang them on Monday and they said deliveries will start on the 18th. Here's hoping!

Randa

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:19 pm | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:16 pm
by Keith and Sue | 79 Posts

We pre-ordered ours through Norwich Camping.

When we visited their shop in early January we were told that they expected delivery on 23rd January.

This morning we decided to pay another visit as we needed a couple of things ahead of our first trip of the year next week. On enquiring about the awning we were delighted to be told that they had arrived from Kampa just ten minutes before.

A few minutes later we were on the way home with the awning safely stowed in the car. We are thinking that we will probably put off using it until we go to Chatsworth in early March, but may put it up in the garden this coming weekend just to check.

K&S

2012 Troll 540 - Yeti 2.0 tdi 4x4
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:55 pm
by Deeps (deleted)

Quote: Keith and Sue wrote in post #3

A few minutes later we were on the way home with the awning safely stowed in the car.

Owning a Troll 540 would I be correct in summazing that you purchased the Pop 365 Pro version? If so, might I ask a few question such as

(a) Kampa offer a Single Wheel Arch Cover which I'm guessing is not a full length draught skirt. Is this available and did you buy one also?

(b) An Electric Pump is also available but would say a standard bicycle adapter that often comes with an electric car tyre inflator also fit?

(c) Was exactly is the Eriba Weather Protection Strip that is available as an optional extra?

(D) I take it that the Storm Tie Down Kit comprises a strap that is slung over the entire awning near the front end?

I have just watched a YT video and this awning really looks like a handsome piece of kit.

Ban pre-shredded Cheese and make Britain grate again.
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:40 pm

Yes, we bought the 365 Pro size for our 2012 Troll.

We were not offered a wheel arch cover. The package contains a full length draft skirt. We always take one with us and use it every time. Previously we had been awakened several times to the sounds of ducks and even a hedgehog ruffling through our waste bag.

We already had a weather protection strip which we bought with our Walker awning. This is a great bit of kit. It clips to the awning rail above the awning and forms a V shaped channel. In heavy rain, the caravan gutter would normally overflow which lets water run down the inside of the awning. Norwich Camping sell the strip by the metre.

The Storm Tie Down straps clip to the sides of the awning and the strap does not sling across the top.

The awning comes with a fairly good quality hand pump. The barrel size is 450mm x 100mm. On our previous pump up awning, we needed about 80 pumps to get it up to pressure. It's a bit of heavy effort, but all over in a couple of minutes. When we get old we may need to invest in an electric version. The adapter is not valved and is a tapered pipe about 12mm diameter at the mouth. This push-fits into the valve fitted into the awning.

There are also a kit of metal and plastic ground pegs (to add to our growing collection) and the whole thing comes in a generously sized heavy duty nylon fabric bag. Weight is 23kg.

K&S

, and like this post!
Last edited Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:41 pm | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:52 pm
by Deeps (deleted)

Thanks for the additional info K&S

Like you, we've also got the Walker strip x 2. I asked because the YT video actually shows a much more flexible length of tubing resembling something like the rubber weather strip that you have in household windows and not the hard plastic on offer by Walker. That said, all outlets that I've found so far over here who also offer the strip show exactly the same as Walker so two of them is more than enough.

Useful to know that the full length draught skirt is included in the package as I can find no reference to it on the Kampa website itself.

Noted what you say regarding the hand pump - thanks.

Er, one further question. Do the Kampa storm straps have the same trident (3-prong) fitting the same as the Walker straps and could these be used?

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:56 pm

Yes, the fittings are 3 pronged. Don't know if they are interchangeable with the Walker straps. We've identified two or three sizes of these in the past and never seem to have the correct size to hand.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:58 pm
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

Deeps, I do hope it's not your bum in that avatar. I find it mildly disturbing LOL

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:59 pm

No, Deeps IS a bigger bum than that

Last edited Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:20 pm | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:08 pm
by Deeps (deleted)

Quote: Islay Corbel wrote in post #8
Deeps, I do hope it's not your bum in that avatar. I find it mildly disturbing LOL

Without the speedo's it's absolutely frightening.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:28 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.289 Posts

I had a phone call from Lowdhams in Notttingham to say mine is in, and I will collect it in a couple of weeks when i collect the new van.
They have not yet got the carpet in, which I am hoping means it's the genuine made to measure job and not a generic off-cut.

On the subject of draught skirts. I have bought a cheap step so that I do not need to cut a hole in skirt for the eriba step to be used. Just a thought as only cost £12.

Colin

eribaless at present, 4th eriba, a 2017 430 on order.
Keith and Sue and like this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Jan 31, 2017 7:50 pm
by Old Rocker | 489 Posts

I really like the look of this awning, has anyone had chance to use theirs yet?

Troll 530, Kia Sportage 2.0 CRDI

He points to the sky saying "the Sun's not yellow, it's chicken"
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Jan 31, 2017 9:13 pm

Yes. Here's the link:- Kampa Pop Air

Chezmart had the first one.

Randa

Last edited Thu Jul 13, 2017 5:20 pm | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Feb 01, 2017 9:36 am
by Deeps (deleted)

A question for Martin (chezmart) or in fact any one of the now new owners of the Kampa. Reading through Martin's review it was stated that the beading was a bit on the small side resulting in jams when pulled through the awning rail. Are Kampa using non-standard beading then and has anyone considered contacting Kampa to inform them of this snagging? With feedback they may possibly be in a better position to make improvements to the awning on later production runs.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:07 pm
by chezmart | 181 Posts

I did mention this to Kampa as I've kept them updated regarding using our pre-production Kampa Air. Not sure if they have changed the dimensions of the beading so will have to wait for others to try theirs. If there's 2 of you putting up the awning it's not so much of a problem but I definitely couldn't pull it through single handedly.
As I have probably mentioned before it helps greatly if the front of the awning is removed first as it a lot lighter to lift and feed into the rail.

2012 Troll 550 - BMW 220d Cabriolet
likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 34 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12503 topics and 105516 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0