Insurance and Wheel locks

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:43 am
by bernardm (deleted)

Hi just to say Hello and we have just taken delivery of our new Triton 430 from A&L it is standard spec with A&L add ons.we transferd our insurance from the old van and paid the extra , Safeguard our insurers asked us to fit a wheel lock and Hitch lock as the van cost over £20 Grand. From a list of possible clamps for steel wheels the only maybe was the Nemesis Ultra , Ordered on the internet £104. On inspection the ultra only comes with conical bolt adaptors , eriba wheel bolts are spherical , Rang Purple line who make the Nemesis, Reply DO NOT FIT THE CONICAL ADAPTOR TO A SPERICAL SEAT. Rang safeguard who seem to be now aware that this wheel lock is not suitable for the eriba and does not meet the insurance criteria , after all that we are being allowed to use a wheel clamp without loosing our discount

Scroll up

RE: Insurance and Wheel locks

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:28 am
by hob (deleted)

Vauxhall Insignia Sri 1.8 petrol 2015 towing 2006 Triton 430 import
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:44 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.465 Posts

Triton 420GT pushing Honda CRV SE 1.6 i-DTEC
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Feb 08, 2017 10:56 am
by Ribski | 1.467 Posts
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:25 pm
by campnsnooze | 1.148 Posts

Hi and
Regards Chris and Keith

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Feb 09, 2017 7:32 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:57 am
by rambling robin (deleted)

This is interesting as we're still hoping our new 410 (AL extras but dimple finish and steel wheels) will reach these shores before the next ice-age.
I was on the verge of ordering a Nemesis Ultra and just thought I'd double check the forum for any comments and found this.

I'm puzzled because there are posts that seem to indicate the Nemesis does fit OK - or perhaps those folks just fitted the bolt anyway.

So, on the lookout for a light easy to fit clamp that will keep insurers happy. The Milenco Compact http://www.milenco.com/products/security...pact-wheelclamp seems to fit the bill...............unless of course someone has any good suggestions. I have seen the various threads on the clamps topic, but these things change so fast. I'm guessing we will get the hitch lock woth the Alko package.

The Compact C Wheelclamp http://www.milenco.com/products/security...ct-c-wheelclamp also looks interesting - don't know if it would work on Eriba chassis though.

Lonely Kia Sportage waiting for a push

Last edited Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:05 am | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:06 am
by sibillini | 236 Posts

We have a Milenco Compact and it works very well. Its easy to fit and remove which is the main thing for me.

The Compact C would seem to require more ground clearance to locate the required hole in the chassis than certainly our 540 offers.

Charlie

2002 Eriba Troll 540 (Elsie) + Honda CRV 2.2 diesel
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Mar 14, 2017 6:49 am
by jobberwock (deleted)

From Anne and Ian

Lovely 1998 Eriba Troll 530GT
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Mar 14, 2017 10:42 am
by Tomored | 2.128 Posts

Hi and
Tom & Margaret

The only way to have a friend, Is to be one
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Mar 14, 2017 7:18 pm
by jasond4289 (deleted)

Another vote for the Milenco compact, good bit of kit. Easy fuss free on and off with a good quality storage case.

2005 Familia 320GT.
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue May 23, 2017 7:53 am
by Codders (deleted)

Just to be clear - is it the Compact C that you're voting for? I like the look of this but wasn't sure whether it'd fit my soon to be delivered 320gt?

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 25 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12541 topics and 105788 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0