Lidl mini oil-filled radiator £19.99

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Dec 02, 2013 5:38 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.738 Posts

Just a heads-up for anyone looking for a small heater for the caravan.

Lidl heater

In stores from Thursday 05 December.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

RE: Lidl mini oil-filled radiator £19.99

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Dec 05, 2013 11:04 am
by Deeps (deleted)

Excellent. Have just ordered one from Lidl over here - cost 28.94€ ( approx £24.06) which includes postage so not bad. Now at least the OH and I can enjoy something of a warm, if not hot, Christmas whilst easting our Pigeon legs. Time to celebrate me thinks.

2013 Triton 430, VW Touran TDI BM
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Dec 05, 2013 2:28 pm
by Pop540 (deleted)

does your existing heater not have the optional electric ultraheat element??

you can never have too much heat, I take a hot water bottle, slippers, snuggle blanket, and have to share with sir,
we also have a coleman black cat for emergency use

slippers by the rad hot cuppa char bliss

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:09 pm
by Deeps (deleted)

Oh this oil filled radiator will get used in the awning, Amanda.
The site we've booked with for the summer hols only supplies 10A and our current 2KW blow hot air all around type heater (if used) will suck approximately 8.7 of those precious amps.
At 600 Watts, the oil jobbie is ideal as it only draws a maximum of 2.61Amps which means we don't have to decide between warm feet or a warm drink in our bellies - we can have both yippeeee. In addition, the oil radiator should be quiet unlike the fan heater which whilst not loud noisy does get on your pip after a while.
At night if it's cold, and in the UK as you know, anything can happen, we can move the oil filled radiator indoors with us. I don't like gas all that much if the truth be known - it's alright for short bursts to take the chill off but leaving it on for any protracted period dries the air out too much for my liking.
We'll also be buying a few bottles of Glühwein (delicious mulled German wine) at this weekends Christmas market and bringing a couple of bottles over with us for those nippy September nights. Being ex Navy no doubt there will also be a bottle of Pussers Rum tucked away somewhere.

Last edited Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:10 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:23 pm
by Pop540 (deleted)

its funny I always forget the awning application
are you fitting an extra power sockets in the back locker to power, heater, and other electrics

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:38 pm
by Deeps (deleted)

Quote: Pop540 wrote in post #5
are you fitting an extra power sockets in the back locker to power, heater, and other electrics

Nope. Our cable reel has 3 x CEE sockets and from one of these the feed cable to the van will be taken. It's a 2 metre long feed cable so long enough for the cable reel to hide away under the van.
From another cable reel CEE outlet we'll run an extension lead - outdoor type and trip protected - from which we'll connect up the oil-filled radiator.

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:18 pm
by Pop540 (deleted)

Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 29 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12503 topics and 105515 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2