Posted photo's

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:04 pm
by Tomored | 2.128 Posts

I have noticed on the forum that posted photo's appear "sideways on" in certain circumstances, why is this? And what can be done to stop this happening?

The only way to have a friend, Is to be one

Last edited Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:32 pm | Scroll up

RE: Posted 'photo's

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Mar 18, 2017 4:27 pm
by hob (deleted)

I think the software on the forum reads the exif details that the camera adds to each photo part of which is info on the orientation of the camera when the photo was taken.

Ways to cure it include always taking the picture in the orientation which you want to post it or use a slightly more sophisticated software to edit photo's which corrects the exif data at the time of editing.

I use version 18 of this program that I bought on-line

https://www.acdsee.com/en/products/acdsee

Its a lot less expensive and a lot less complicated than programs like paint shop pro.

Vauxhall Insignia Sri 1.8 petrol 2015 towing 2006 Triton 430 import

Forum moderator
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Mar 18, 2017 5:34 pm
by hob (deleted)

Sometimes I download these images and rotate them so I can see them better.

Right click on an image and select "save as" or whatever the form is in your web browser.

Vauxhall Insignia Sri 1.8 petrol 2015 towing 2006 Triton 430 import

Forum moderator
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:24 pm
by Tomored | 2.128 Posts

Good thinking Nev, after reading your first bit using a photo editor I might have a go editing with Picassa if I ever have to post photo's, That should get ride of any orientation problems.

The only way to have a friend, Is to be one

Last edited Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:25 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:17 am
by PhilipM | 208 Posts

This is a common happening when people take photos on a mobile phone or tablet (most probably Apple) and import them into a Windows machine for upload to the forum / sending via e-mail, or send a photo directly to a Windows user via the phone/tablet. Windows ignores the EXIF tags which record the orientation information in the photograph. On an iPhone you can use the volume up button (+) to take a photo when in camera mode instead of pressing the screen. If you make sure this button is at the bottom (when holding the phone in landscape mode) the photo will be orientated correctly for Windows. Mac users need not worry as Apple computers use the tags correctly.

Eriba Familia 310 owner.

Randa france likes this post!
Last edited Thu Mar 23, 2017 8:40 am | Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 6 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12523 topics and 105662 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0