Hello to all..!!!

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue May 09, 2017 7:41 pm
by rs540 | 261 Posts

Hello everyone!

First noticed an Eriba (it was a Puck I think) last summer whilst having 2 weeks camping in Devon & Cornwall. Me & the missus immediately fell in love with the chic, retro style but put it out of our heads. This year we upgraded our old 6-man bubble tent for an all-singing/dancing air-beam tent with the salesmans "it literally goes up in 5 minutes" still ringing in our ears. This suited us because we like to tour and spend only 2/3 days at a site before moving on to the next so we needed something easy to pitch & dismantle. So, Easter Sunday we headed fully armed to the CC&C site at Criccieth, North Wales for the week. Ok, the tent took around 20 minutes to pitch and had loads of room, 7m x 5m, like a mini-castle! Then came the day to pack up & leave...

Aaaarrrgghh.... what a nightmare!!! Started at 9am after a hearty breakfast, wrestled with it like an angry alligator, finally got it in the bag around 12.30pm

Luckily we had noticed what looked like some minor scuff marks on the roof when we initially pitched it and I had taken some photos. When we got home I took it straight back to GoOutdoors and (to my amazement, with no quibbles) got my £750 returned!!!

The image of the Eriba came back and I found myself looking online at late model Trolls but was completely taken by surprise at how high the second-hand prices were (for example £18k for a 2013 540 model, albeit with many options added), plus they were being snapped up before I could even get chance to enquire.

So, cut to the chase... Last week we decided to bite the bullet and drove 250 miles to AL and have a look at a silver 540 Troll in all its glory before it was collected by its new owner. Strong enough adjectives escape me but we were totally smitten and made our minds up there and then. Suffice to say, our 2018 model should arrive by mid-September together with a lot of extras.

We're so excited and already wading through shopping lists of items as diverse as hitch-locks to scatter cushions! We've another 2 week break booked for September so I hope it arrives in time although we could probably delay by a couple of weeks.

Joined the forum a few days ago and this is my first post. It seems a really friendly place and we hope to make many new friends during our future travels.

Watch this space...

Rob & Debs

, Randa france, sibillini, Poptop320 and Ribski like this post!
Last edited Tue May 09, 2017 9:24 pm | Scroll up

RE: Hello to all..!!!

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue May 09, 2017 7:59 pm
by Tomored | 2.128 Posts

Hi and a very warm
Tom & Margaret

The only way to have a friend, Is to be one

rs540 likes this post!
Last edited Tue May 09, 2017 8:00 pm | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue May 09, 2017 8:11 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.465 Posts

. Ooh the anticipation, hope the time passes quickly.

Triton 420GT pushing Honda CRV SE+ 1.6 i-DTEC
rs540 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue May 09, 2017 8:29 pm
by hob (deleted)

Vauxhall Insignia Sri 1.8 petrol 2015 towing 2006 Triton 430 import

Forum moderator
rs540 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue May 09, 2017 8:54 pm
by Suzywong (deleted)

Hello and from Gerald and Sue

rs540 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed May 10, 2017 5:31 am
by sibillini | 236 Posts

Charlie & Lulu

2002 Eriba Troll 540 (Elsie) + Honda CRV 2.2 diesel
rs540 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed May 10, 2017 5:49 am
by Frantone (deleted)

Welcome to Eribaworld! Is delivery September 2018?

Troll gently nudging up against Galaxy.
rs540 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed May 10, 2017 6:25 am
by rs540 | 261 Posts

Hi!

AL said delivery is the first production of next years model spec which will be available this September. As such, 2017 model was actually available from Sep 2016 onwards.

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed May 10, 2017 9:04 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

We used to go in a tent. Having an Eriba is such a luxury after tents. Having a loo......... bliss! Congtrats on your purchase.

rs540 likes this post!
Last edited Wed May 10, 2017 9:05 am | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed May 10, 2017 12:19 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
rs540 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed May 10, 2017 1:42 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.611 Posts

it will be like waiting for Christmas now...

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
rs540 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed May 10, 2017 2:49 pm
by Ribski | 1.467 Posts

rs540 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed May 10, 2017 10:16 pm
by marcopolo77 (deleted)

Welcome am new as well

rs540 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed May 10, 2017 10:23 pm
by campnsnooze | 1.148 Posts

Hi and
Regards Chris and Keith

rs540 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu May 11, 2017 8:06 am
by Argie (deleted)

From Trevor & Anne.....

It will be well worth the wait

"Tugging a Troll called Eva" with my Honda CRV 2.2L i-DTEC
rs540 likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 22 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12541 topics and 105788 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2