Adverts on web page

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:23 pm
by Hitched (deleted)

Hello Eriba folks,
I have just joined this site and I can't get rid of the adverts on the right hand side of the web page which I find very annoying and restricts my view and enjoyment of the Site. I have only tried this on my iPad . Any suggestions?

Scroll up

RE: Adverts on web page

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:29 pm
by Pop540 (deleted)

Hi
ive reduced me zoom to 100% on comp not sure about I pad settings
the ads have gone,
the ones on right put my security in to high alert

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:35 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.738 Posts

I use Firefox on our PC and laptop and have installed the free add-on 'Adblock Plus' and I have no adverts on screen on either machine.

You will respect my authoritah!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:29 pm
by Hitched (deleted)

Thanks. I will certainly try Adblock for my PC....any takers on the iPad solution? This is the only Site where they refuse to just GO AWAY! Urghh

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:41 pm
by Randa france | 12.855 Posts

Hi Hitched.
Thanks for joining the forum.
I'm sorry the ads are rather getting in the way on your enjoyment on your iPad at the moment. Tee Pee mentioned to me that he had a similar problem, presumably on his iPad and he discovered a drop down menu and purchased 6 months ad free at a very reasonable cost.
Hopefully he'll pick up on your thread soon and give you some advice.

Randa

Last edited Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:45 pm | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:21 pm
by Hitched (deleted)

I've just downloaded a free App and just working out how to apply it now....

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:12 pm
by Hitched (deleted)

Thanks it is now sorted and I understand that's thanks to the forum admin. Thanks also to the member who PM me to let me know

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 35 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12503 topics and 105516 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0