Reporting for duty :-)

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:57 am
by Deeps (deleted)

Guten Tag (north Germany), Grüss Gott (southern Germany), Servus (Austria), Grützi Wohl (Switzerland) or in just plain old English - Hi Di Hi - guess who? :-)
Thanks for the invite whoever you are in your new guise, I wish the forum every success and truly hope that it lives up to all that was promised i.e. we won't get our heads bitten off for daring to disagree with one another from time to time, or get admonished in school master tone for perhaps posting an image that is 1kb too big.
Right, can't stay long this visit as I've got a pile of ironing to do. :-(

Last edited Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:21 pm | Scroll up

RE: Saying hello as ordered :-)

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:26 am
by Randa france | 12.859 Posts

Ironing?
We've got a lady on here that'll do that for you mate. I'm led to believe she loves ironing. No names no pack drill...
Anyway, glad to have you on board.
Randa

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:50 am
by Aaron Calder | 3.740 Posts

Es freut mich sehr, ihre Bekanntschaft zu machen, Herr Forseti! And that's yer lot auf yer actual Deutsch as I failed the O level dismally.

I'm pleased to say that we don't do 'ordered' on here but we may occasionally make a polite request. Thank you for introducing yourself and we look forward to reading your posts.

Don't forget to put your flag on the map! You'll be our first 'foreign' member, apart from the Welsh and Scottish ones of course.

(Do we have a naughty step here? I think I might soon be warming it.)

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:54 am
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: Forseti wrote in post #1

Thanks for the invite whoever you are in your new guise
Might have been me, might have been someone else as well.

Who can say?

Welcome anyway, Mr F. Feel free to continue with the Hansel and Gretel thread...

Cheers

Pete

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:49 pm
by Deeps (deleted)

Quote: Graculus wrote in post #3

Don't forget to put your flag on the map! You'll be our first 'foreign' member, apart from the Welsh and Scottish ones of course.

Tried that but can't get it to work for some reason.

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:54 pm

You have to do it via your personal profile. It's not exactly intuitive,

Enlarge the map then click on it to place your flag and save before leaving the page.

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:16 pm
by Deeps (deleted)

Got it by entering coordinates, this clicking business just aint working for me. :-) Anyway, location now marked and tea is up at 4pm (3pm your time) so you'd best get a move on. Oh, and bring your own sticky buns.

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:47 pm
by Crow (deleted)

Welcome aboard, matey.

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:48 pm
by Pop540 (deleted)

welcome
nice to see someone from across the water
there is a picture gallery if you would like to share a pic of your eriba

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:14 pm
by Deeps (deleted)

Thanks for the warm welcomes. Pictures of *Hansel and Gretal* now in the Picture Gallery.

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:49 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

>Don't forget to put your flag on the map! You'll be our first 'foreign' member, apart from the Welsh and Scottish ones of course.

Ooy matey wat, don't forget the flag of St Pirran (Cornwall)

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:12 pm

Don't you mean Kernow?

(We love St Mawes and the Roseland Peninsular)

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 27 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12510 topics and 105561 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1