Sylvia's got a rusty chassis

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:17 pm
by JoJo (deleted)

I recently took Sylvia for a service - only had her 4 months so its the first time I've had her checked over.
All OK apart from some rust on the front corner. The engineer said it wasn't a major problem but will need welding.
I don't have the skills to do this work myself so I need to find someone who can sort it out for me. I've had a look at the various rust related threads on here but I'm really not sure where to start - any suggestions welcome.
Jo

Jo & Mark, 1986 Puck called Sylvia pushing Renault Megane
Scroll up

RE: Sylvia's got a rusty chassis

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:25 pm
by eckcan (deleted)

When you had it serviced, did you ask if they could recommend anyone who could do the job? If not look on line for mobile caravan servicing in your area, get a quote and see if they references to past work Eckcan

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Oct 25, 2017 12:25 pm
by JoJo (deleted)

Thanks Eckcan
I might be over complicating it. Would a mobile servicing guy be able to do welding?
It feels like I would need to take it somewhere that does restoration work and was able to remove the skin to get to the chassis.
Jo

Jo & Mark, 1986 Puck called Sylvia pushing Renault Megane
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Oct 25, 2017 2:49 pm
by eckcan (deleted)

I am sure that a local mobile sevicing agent would be more likely to know of someone, I just tried putting in mobile servicing for caravans and a few names came up, you could try that.I had mine serviced for the first time this year and he recommended a tyre fitter. I am sure they will not pass on someone duff as they want repeat business. Did you buy private or was it one of the dealers?

Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 31 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12541 topics and 105788 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3