Fly screens on the door

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:25 am
by hampshireman (deleted)

We had some made to measure by a firm we saw at the show in NEC in 2011. They are a thin mesh and Velcro above the door inside and have a weight along the bottom edge. Not bad but not as good as we would like.

Scroll up

RE: Fly screens on the door

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Feb 03, 2014 12:15 pm
by crow (deleted)

Strange things flyscreens, Steel hanging chains around £105, JML net around £20,
and the strange Chenille anything from £10 - £20. I don't have one on the troll at the
moment but will be looking for one soon, the mosquitos are breeding fast on all this
standing water!

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:50 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.604 Posts

I used a fly screen from Aldi for my Puck, it was the same idea, Velcro at the top and weighted at the bottom, it was ok but didn't stop every little pest getting in. The only problem with Eribas are that they have a pot belly and you get gaps at the side. The purpose made one's by Hymer have an inner frame to avoid the gaps, however they are very expensive.

I like to pop my top when I go on holiday
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:04 pm
by Steamdrivenandy (deleted)

Now that Hymer actually seem to be able to supply the waste bin on the door for new vans, does anyone know if they've cracked the problem of the bin walloping the flyscreen when the door is closed? I realise you should open the flyscreen before closing the door but I bet it doesn't always happen that way.

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up

Visitors
6 Members and 53 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12501 topics and 105511 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 6