V5c for Eriba?

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:49 am
by Cazzab (deleted)

Hi all,
Bit confused and wonder of anyone can put me straight! Why would someone claim to have a v5c document for an eriba caravan (not a motorhome) we've bought caravans in the past and had them CRIS registered but never had a v5c, I thought that was a requirement for motorhomes/campervans as it's a vehicle as well as a carava? The reason for asking is that I'm currently speaking to someone who apparently has a Triton for sale and is claiming to have a v5c ? Sounds odd to me!
Thanks

Scroll up

RE: V5c for Eriba?

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:00 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

There is no V5C for caravans.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jan 21, 2018 1:26 pm
by Bryn | 992 Posts

we have a carte gris for our French registered Eriba, this also has it's own registration number

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jan 21, 2018 2:54 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.308 Posts

Cazzab ,
does the Triton happen to be on e-bay?

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice new white 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jan 21, 2018 3:51 pm
by Dorsetboy (deleted)

Ask the seller for a photo of V5c!

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:52 am
by BerylFfrangcon (deleted)

Likewise, if purchased in France it must have a Carte Gris which could possibly be interpreted as a V5c and as the previous gentleman said it also must have a separate number. It cannot be used on the roads here unless it has both. If you don't have one it is a very very expensive operation. We had a Hymer Nova 390/2 before we had our Eriba Troll 550GT and it cost us nearly 900 euros to get a Carte Gris and separate number. Also, the car and caravan must be insured together. This is the French Law.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:54 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

Beryl, I'm not clear on what you mean about having the car and caravan insured together?

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 25 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12523 topics and 105654 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0