RE: Site charges

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:22 pm
by Steamdrivenandy (deleted)

If it was from Shrewsbury it wouldn't run on that line and as my son is a denizen of Market Square in that town. How very dare you

Incidentally it's a very nice place and if you look closely at the bottom of the two pictures here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Market_Hall you'll see a purple flag flying just outside the window of his flat.

Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:35 pm
by Silverfox (deleted)

Quote: Puss in Boots wrote in post #13
Once a month we get our peaceful Sunday mornings disturbed by constant pop gun shooting from the other side of the village. They don't even wait for the church service to finish.

As a keen shooter, I sometimes shoot clays. Sundays though Never.
Try approaching your local council, they may revoke their licence to operate if too noisy or many complain,

Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:48 pm
by Silverfox (deleted)

Zitat
Hi how do people feel about paying £20 plus per night for a pitch with all mod cons?

I found many a tranquil site, beautiful woodland setting, overlooking a meanderings, chalk streams, huge emplacements, beautiful hot showers, constant hot water and spotless facilities. No clubhouse, kids, no rules about pitching in or out, lighting of barbecues, and owners you would gladly invite over for an evening drink.

How much would you pay for this?

You may be surprised that it costs no money at all.

Just become friends with a landowner, who has pest problems, a stable owner or a farmer, and learn how to shoot well, and all this can be yours.

I now have 16 such locations, and always receive a warm welcome every time.

Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:05 pm
by KeithF (deleted)

Hi Silverfox I was having a dig at the Eriba forum they plan a meet off season at a site with poor facilities just to save money ,we would rather pay a bit more and live it up we are on holiday afterall

Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:38 pm
by ellen | 518 Posts

We went to that site a couple of years ago at one of the meets, can't think why they want to return. The toilet block was overused and never completely clean. On the Saturday night it was bedlum as the toilet block was next to the bar/restaurant and it got that lively the site has their own security guards and they were needed. We wouldn't want to return there free of charge to be honest. We don't mind paying for good facilities as we don't get away too often so make the most of our trips and I have to have a really warm loo or i sulk.!! Ellen.

Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:57 pm
by Silverfox (deleted)

Quote: Landmark wrote in post #19
Hi Silverfox I was having a dig at the Eriba forum they plan a meet off season at a site with poor facilities just to save money ,we would rather pay a bit more and live it up we are on holiday afterall

I was only stating that you can live it up in complete luxury, without paying anything at all providing you have all your desires with you.

Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:15 pm
by KeithF (deleted)

Hi guys ,what got me was the big meet in Linconshire this year ,we did not go and did not miss much ,a field one shower for everyone .yuk .The Welsh meet was superb hot showers warm loos and good company .bliss

Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:34 pm

What site are we talking about, for the benefit of us as hasn't seen a TEF page for 18 months or more?

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Mon Nov 11, 2013 7:24 pm
by KeithF (deleted)

Hi I carnt remember the name of the site ,the admin said it was a rally field but the owners were building new showers and toilets in time for the meet this did not happen ,they got a cheap deal and got what they paid for,

Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:34 pm
by ellen | 518 Posts

Sorry, the site I was referring to is Callow Top in Derbyshire. There was a meet there a couple of years ago and they are returning there next year. Ellen.

Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:50 pm
by hob (deleted)

This year the site was

The Lawns, Lowgate Grange,
Lowgate, Fleet, Spalding,
Lincolnshire, PE12 8LN

I was there.

Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:56 pm

Not that it'll bother me as I'm png as far as TEF is concerned. CT gets an 8star rating from UKCS with 254 reviews, a lot from campers, but some caravanners included. From reading a few the site seems aimed at families with kids rather than grizzled oldies like me.

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:02 pm
by Pop540 | 1.543 Posts

ellen did you venture to Doe park ?

Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:02 pm
by KeithF (deleted)

Hi was it a good site the lack of showers and loos put us of going

Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:12 pm
by hob (deleted)

Zitat
Hi was it a good site the lack of showers and loos put us of going

It was OK but as you said there was a lack of facilities with only 1 loo and 1 shower, they did get a few portaloos in for the weekend of the meet they said they had problems getting planning permission for the new building.

We did have the use of a barn for the day on the Saturday which was quite big and I thought they could have turned part of that over to adding more facilities.

Fortunately for us the rest of the site was almost empty.
I stayed for a whole week to make the trip worthwhile.

some photo's here if you want a look

http://s195.photobucket.com/user/hobspics/library/petter%20A1%20engine/Eriba%20Puck/2013%20Eriba%20meet?sort=2&page=1

Last edited Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:12 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 4 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: bazzapc
Board Statistics
The forum has 6758 topics and 62608 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4