RE: Site charges

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:52 am
by Randa france | 7.177 Posts

Nice photos Nev. How about putting some faces to names for us with your photos. Some of us recognise a few faces but not all. Which two were the lovely Pollywolly and partner for instance? Did everyone turn up? There are a few faces who were on the list that we can't see.

The Lawns Looks like a nice rally field but for a UK rally it was way too far east (couldn't get any further east unless we went to Holland ).
If I understood the announcement correctly, the Eriba Owner's Club were interested in the site for a rally but they were told early in the year that the "new toilet block" proposal was shelved. Therefore I presume TEF also knew.
Callow Top I'm surprised by that one Ellen. It's one of TEF's favourites so I thought it would be top rate.
Woodhall Spa I enjoyed that one although we were very spread out. The toilet block nearest to us was a little shabby. Met some really nice people there for the first time.
Lickhill Manor, Stourport I believe TEF held a rally there a few years ago. We attended an EOC rally there in September 2012. This was a good rally field where everyone was together and the site owners erected a large Marquee for shelter. The toilet block was adequate to good.
R

"http://smileys.emoticonsonly.com/emoticons/w/wales-1627.gif"

Last edited Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:57 am | Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:48 am
by ellen | 518 Posts

No we didn't get to doe park we were only there for the 2 nights. We would return to Derbyshire but not to Callow Top I'm afraid. Having a good clean and warm toilet block is crucial for us. having to scramble thru an army of kids that were doing what they wanted as their parents were enjoying themselves elsewhere wasn't good especially late at night. I think that next year's meet will be the 3rd there for the other side, mind you they do tend to repeat themselves as this year was the second trip to Lincoln. I did dare to suggest that they held the annual meet at different parts of the country each year or put it to the members vote but as usual I got the usual mick take.

Last edited Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:57 am | Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:51 am
by hob (deleted)

Zitat
How about putting some faces to names for us with your photos. Some of us recognise a few faces but not all.

I will have a go but with about 28 vans there most just for the weekend I didn't get to meet all of them and not all are in the photo's

As you no doubt know this is Nessie

And Steamerpoint

On the left are Lou and his wife, on the right a couple who are new to Eriba this year and are known as Father Jack

This is conal

On the left is conals friend Ken and next to him I'm fairly sure is logburner

On the left are Lawrence2013 I don't have a name for the couple on the right maybe you do ?

Left and third left are eriba4us a nice couple who live near Dom Fox who imported my triton, along with conal and ken

the slim incredibly handsome chap in the grey tee shirt is me (click to enlarge if you dare)
me.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

I did briefly meet pollywolly but I don't have a picture

Its a great shame about all the animosity shown by the other forums admin team towards this place as I don't feel like going next year but by doing that I probably won't see some great friends I met this year.

Last edited Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:14 am | Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:55 am
by Randa france | 7.177 Posts

Thanks for that mate. So the intriguing Mrs Pollywolly remains a mystery
Hey, you know what the feeling is on this site mate. We have no problems with anyone belonging to more than one forum so don't worry about attending the "other" rally.
The other thing is, I think you'd enjoy being a member of The Eriba Owner's Club. http://eriba-owners-club.co.uk/
Only £8 per annum. They are a great bunch of people, generally in their '70's but many are very fit, chatty and great fun. They hold two 10 day rallies a year in the UK and attendances are high. They also have a EOC abroad as well. There are many couples attending and also many singles as well.
R

"http://smileys.emoticonsonly.com/emoticons/w/wales-1627.gif"
Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:15 am
by hob (deleted)

Zitat
Hey, you know what the feeling is on this site mate. We have no problems with anyone belonging to more than one forum so don't worry about attending the "other" rally.

Its not the people here or even the members there ( I have some good friends there) that put me off going but the attitude of the "owners" that put me off I wonder how they hope to stop people telling each other about this forum? when the time comes.
Its not like deliberately turning off the PM system which is what they are doing now I have this image of groups of people behind the toilet block muttering in hushed voices "eribafolk forum" Shhhhhhhhhh they might hear us

Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:17 am
by hob (deleted)

Zitat
The other thing is, I think you'd enjoy being a member of The Eriba Owner's Club.

Yes I keep meaning to join but never got round to actually doing it.

Scroll up

in Where did you go, what did you do, who did you meet? Tue Nov 12, 2013 4:48 pm
by KeithF (deleted)

Hi they are great photos, Lou makes a mean paella ,lets hope the people find this forum and join

Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 4 Guests are online.

We welcome our newest member: bazzapc
Board Statistics
The forum has 6758 topics and 62608 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4