RE: Troll 554 or Troll 660 Pontos aka Rocking Horse Manure

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:09 am
by Randa france | 12.888 Posts

Well done Len.

Most campsites in the Netherlands will be open from April. Here's the ACSI Camping Card page that lists over 400 of them

https://www.campingcard.co.uk/netherlands/

Click on the appropriate region on the yellow map and it'll bring up the campsites in that area. Click again on the campsite/s you fancy and it'll bring up the details, buth from an ACSI point of view and the campsite's own website.

If you chose the ACSI point of view there's even a calendar near the bottom of each campsite page that'll give you the dates of opening.

For the benefit of others who may wish to buy from the Netherlands it would be useful if you could record details of your trip for us when it happens.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:54 am
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

As its possible to uprate the mtplm on a pre 2010 for a fee of €89, is it possible to have a post 2010 down rated,
just a thought
Dave

Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 150 Tdi DSG Troll 552 - 2005
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey.
Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:20 am
by steamdrivenandy (deleted)

I wouldn't need to downrate a post 2010, just load it to 1200kg but there's a reason Hymer went to 1300kg as standard. The bigger Trolls were heavier and the Payload was potentially smaller, so they upped the MTPLM. If I got one I could find limiting to 1200kg restricts loading substantially.

'I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon
but to settle down and write you a line.'

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini being dragged by nothing at all

Last edited Thu Mar 29, 2018 10:20 am | Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:08 am

As an example, the current 540 in standard spec. has a MIRO of 1005kg and MTPLM is1300kg, making the Payload 295kg.

A 2005 540's MIRO is 940kg, the MTPLM is 1200kg and therefore the Payload is 260kg

If you kept the current model to 1200kg you'd only have 195kg payload available. That sounds great but add in the options of GT Pack 42kg, mover 25kg, spare wheel 10kg, Autonomy Pack 30kg, warm air fan and trunking plus boiler 6kg and the current van's actual MIRO becomes 1118kg and that's just 82kg from the 1200kg limit that I'd be setting myself. That's not a lot.

On a 2005 the actual MIRO would be 1053kg and the available payload 147kg, a much better bet.

At 6ft 1ins tall and just the wrong side of 17 stone I'd much rather have the taller, wider van, if only for my forehead's sake, but swapping the car at this juncture would be very, very expensive.

eribanaut likes this post!
Last edited Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:10 am | Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Thu Mar 29, 2018 3:39 pm

Seeing GATTIM's post on his 2012 530 has got me thinking.

The 530 has always been much lighter than a 540, but with the same MTPLM.

As a for instance the current 530 in standard spec. has a MIRO of 965kg, whilst the 540's is 1005kg. They both have a 1300kg MTPLM, so the 540's Payload is 295kg and the 530's is 335kg and 40kg extra is not to be sneezed at. Putting it in terms all Eribaistas will understand, that's an extra 32 bottles of wine.

I'm beginning to like the idea of a 530, though Mrs SDA would have to be convinced.

A current 530 fitted out with 120kg of cost options would have 115kg of available payload at 1200kg, whilst an '05 540 would have 147kg. That's a lot better than 75kg that a 1200kg limited current 540 would have on the same basis.

Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:27 pm
by gattim (deleted)

You can always come and have a peek at the 530, not sure of your sleeping arrangements but we used ours like Randa as two very large singles, one at either end of the caravan. There is so much extra storage space in comparison to the 540, not that you want to store a lot given your towing weight limit, but it means you have no problems storing bedding etc.
We are in South Yorkshire........

Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:28 pm

Not wishing to dwell too long on Roger's sleeping or any other habits, I have discussed the paucity of 540's and the possibilities of 530's with Mrs SDA. My silver tongued persuasion must have turned her head, but sadly not far enough.

She is persuaded that a 530 is a possibility but she is adamant that it can't be a fixed bed version, even if we sleep like Randa's (perish the thought).

I can see her point, she likes to have two areas to sit down in, not at the same time, you understand, and a 3ft front dinette, though better than a 2ft, in her eyes, does not provide a comfortable lounging space that a 4ft 7ins 530 lounge would provide. She's happy to put up with bed making, providing she has two sitting spots.

A Troll is 15ft 3ins long internally. On a 540 the the dogs have a full 15ft 3ins of aisle in which to sleep and generally lie in the way. If the front bed is used they have 13ft 3ins.

If you have a 530 double bed set up at 4ft 7ins plus a 3ft 1ins front dinette bed, then that aisle reduces to 5ft 7ins long, not a lot of space for two laid out bearded collies. If Mrs SDA allows me to share her bed then that aisle extends to 8ft 8ins which is a useful length.

So it widens my search horizons slightly, but, sadly, not enough to generate a safari to South Yorkshire.

Last edited Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:29 pm | Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:16 pm
by gattim (deleted)

Crikey, we just got in it and said, “Yes we like this”, we have never got as far as to measure the aisle or bed lengths. Hope you find the perfect solution to your varied needs

Pepé Le Pew likes this post!
Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:25 pm

It's what comes of being the son of an accountant and trying to rationalise others instinctive expressions.

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 28 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105781 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1