RE: Free speach

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:10 pm
by Piccolo (deleted)

I think the only reason I may have been shown as being online was that I was checking on the addresses that I've posted above. I was logged in but could only access the bit everyone can!

I still don't care!

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:36 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

At least you lot got a reason for the ban. Mine just says banned, with no time limit.

D'you s'pose that means forever?

Like 'til I die and everything?

Cripes.

Do I care?

Nope.

Not one jot

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:43 pm
by Steamdrivenandy (deleted)

I think maybe I ought to set up a counselling service

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:57 pm
by KeithF (deleted)

Hi I have just been on the EF (not banned yet ) people are complaining the private messaging system is not working ,Chris said he carnt understand whats wrong but will look into it,he failed to say it has been shut down.

Scroll up

RE: Free speech

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:45 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.738 Posts

I think the Eriba Forum Admin Team is showing its true colours, or rather that one or two of them may be. Any guesses as to which one wrote the comments in our feedback section? I once had a ranting, early morning response from what I took to be an alcohol fuelled pseudo-Scotsman when I made some innocent remark about potential problems with diesel engines. Some weeks later he made another vicious and personal attack when I said that caravan rallying was not for me. My money's on him but it could be the Bishop.

I think it's important that we retain the moral high ground and don't descend to their level of petty unpleasantness. I have been tempted to type a robust response but what's the point? Their management team is simply reverting to type by leaping at the chance to exclude (excommunicate might be more appropriate) members who have been prolific contributors to their forum for years. Just think, no more 'Randalogues' that have inspired lots of owners to explore further afield and seek out interesting places to visit and were the most read posts in the forum's history; no more incredibly helpful advice, information and links from Crow in his other persona and no more witty exchanges of banter that were certainly appreciated by many members (confirmed by PM and personal email) but seen as subversive and anarchic by the forum plod. It's their loss and our gain.

Perhaps inviting comments warts and all was not the wisest thing to do? But at least we were prepared to give TEF the opportunity to air their opinions at the same time as they were silencing our members. We will have to reflect on what action (if any) is appropriate. It's just a pity that no guests have so far seen fit to comment openly in a positive manner about what we are trying to achieve.

Last edited Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:30 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:02 pm
by Randa france | 12.854 Posts

Quote: Forseti wrote in post #7
Add me to the every increasing list of those being banned - 7 days. What for? Absolutely no idea, what a strange place they are running. :-(

Hello Alan.
I've only just noticed this message and I can only offer my apologies to you regarding the way the Eriba Forum is treating you for being a member of more than one forum.
Many Eriba owners belong to a number of different forums and clubs including that other forum's admin. team so it's aparently a case of do as they say and not as they do.
It was, and still is not our intention to create a rival forum. Anyone can see that there are many distinct differences between this one and the other one.
R

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:13 pm
by Deeps (deleted)

Quote: Randa france wrote in post #21

I can only offer my apologies to you regarding the way the Eriba Forum is treating you for being a member of more than one forum.

That' OK, I'll live. Strange thing is, I continue to receive notifications (via email) of posts made from other members of that forum in response to posts that I have made there. So obviously some still have access and it's somewhat annoying that I am unable to respond and thank them for their contribution.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:07 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

Quote: Piccolo wrote in post #5
I've been banned for a week. No idea why. Started this morning. Have e-mailed to find out why and to request re-admission but, knowing the antics of their administration team, I'm not holding my breath.

Do I care?

Up theirs.

Yes I was banned with no explanation and have sent email to find out why. Guess I know now.

Got to say will seriously consider using forum again after this behaviour.

Mike

Last edited Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:08 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 55 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12500 topics and 105506 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3