Free speach

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:05 am
by KeithF (deleted)

Hi has anyone left the Eriba Forum ?

Scroll up

RE: Free speach

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:44 am
by Frantone (deleted)

Probably not left......although some have been expelled.
Anybody know where BigNiko is?

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:51 am
by Randa france | 12.855 Posts

Quote: Landmark wrote in post #1
Hi has anyone left the Eriba Forum ?

Nobody on here has left there K. This forum was constructed so that Eriba enthusiasts from other forums could also use this place because it has a more laid back approach to things.

However as TP said, the other forum is missing some characters like Agger and Big Nico who presumably have not found this place yet.
Randa

Last edited Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:52 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:57 am
by KeithF (deleted)

The admin team have not read the banner at the start of this fine forum What are they concerned about ,

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:05 am
by Piccolo (deleted)

I've been banned for a week. No idea why. Started this morning. Have e-mailed to find out why and to request re-admission but, knowing the antics of their administration team, I'm not holding my breath.

Do I care?

Up theirs.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:13 am
by Randa france | 12.855 Posts

Quote: Piccolo wrote in post #5
I've been banned for a week. No idea why. Started this morning. Have e-mailed to find out why and to request re-admission but, knowing the antics of their administration team, I'm not holding my breath.

Do I care?

Up theirs.

Well, well, well, well. Me too. No reasons why and no reference to how long. If they are accusing me of using their PM system subversively then they really should get their facts straight.
Isn't it strange though that individuals of the Eriba Forum admin. team can belong to other forums but we can't !!!
R

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:26 am
by Deeps (deleted)

Add me to the every increasing list of those being banned - 7 days. What for? Absolutely no idea, what a strange place they are running. :-(

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:36 am
by Crystal | 245 Posts

I'm banned too! I've never used the PM system on there either.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:36 am
by Frantone (deleted)

How did you find out you were banned?

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:37 am
by Crystal | 245 Posts

Just tried to go on there.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:41 am
by Deeps (deleted)

This is the response(message I get when attempting to sign on. It's also in red with the only difference being that at least my schoolteacher used long hand LOL :-)

You have been banned. Reason: . Duration: 7 days.

If you think this is a real error, you can inform the administrator. Please include the exact error message and the time of occurrence.

Anyone know of an email address to query the reason for this action? I can't believe it's for the offense of just breathing.

Last edited Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:42 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:43 am
by Crystal | 245 Posts

Same here. No idea.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:45 am
by Steamdrivenandy (deleted)

One has to assume that they think they've identified members of 'their' forum who are on here, which to be fair isn't hard with 'Randa f'', although Piccolo isn't so easy to decipher. As far as I know there's nothing in their T&Cs to say you can't be a member of another forum. I mean supposing you joined a French Eriba forum, does that require that you are banned? If so Christophe should've been out on his neck years ago.

It's certainly not normal forum etiquette to ban people without warning and without explanation and such action would cause a riot on CT, resignation by the Mods and Admins and probably a mass exodus of members and subsequent closure. We see no reason to worry about people who post on the CC forum, SwiftTalk, etc, etc.

I guess it may be the same issue as I fell out with them, namely their delusional idea that they are the only source of Eriba information in the UK. Plainly that's not the case, but they appear to think they 'own' the brand, which is ludicrous.

If I was the vindictive sort (which I'm not) I'd use my Mod powers on CT to ban all their CT accounts, but it's really only Nessy that uses it, and then not often, so it wouldn't achieve much.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:59 am
by Aaron Calder | 3.738 Posts

I've just checked, and I can still get in. Piccolo is shown as being on line at 11:59 am in his other persona.

Strange.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:06 pm
by Piccolo (deleted)

Yes, I have an email address for Steamerpoint (Chris), who is one of the administrators. It is as follows . . .

chris@325099.co.uk

There is also another one, which is . . .

membership@eribaforum.co.uk

Then there is John Nessworthy, another administrator, who may be contactable through his blog, which can be found at www.titan.nessworthy.co.uk

I wrote an email both to 'membership' and 'steamerpoint' telling both what had happened and repeating the message which was identical to yours, stating that I had never been banned from anything in my life before and would they kindly explain what precisely was going on.

I am still waiting, but let's give them a day or so to reply, if at all!

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 37 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12503 topics and 105515 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1