Diesel ban in Europe

in We've got it down to a T Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:48 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.607 Posts

I think the end is nigh for most diesels in Europe looking at the New legislation they are going to bring in..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43211946

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!

Last edited Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:24 pm | Scroll up
lockThis thread has been closed

RE: Diesel ban in Europe

in We've got it down to a T Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:19 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.452 Posts

They say "older" diesel cars, how old do they mean I wonder? We should be ok for a little while but that won't be of much help to a lot of diesel owners.

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:52 pm
by Randa france | 12.859 Posts

Our VW has a Green Emissions sticker for Germany. This is the best place to apply for one.

https://www.berlin.de/labo/mobilitaet/kf...op.86595.en.php

Isn't it about time the authorities started looking at Wood Burning Stoves? We are currently sitting at home in a semi-rural environment and we can hardly breath for all the fumes being pumped out by some of our neighbours.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Williebraveheart likes this post!
Last edited Tue Feb 27, 2018 9:59 pm | Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Thu Mar 01, 2018 12:22 pm
by eriba4us (deleted)

There would be less polution in this country if there were less vehicles, less houses and less people. So all these new houses we are intent on building means their new owners will have at least one, if not two cars. Not only will these new houses need fuel (oil, electricity, gas or solid fuel) the infrastructure to support these new developements on this already overcrowded island is required. The most economical way of transporting goods overland is by rail using diesel locomotives. Since we don't have a decent rail system I'll give up my diesel car when the government removes diesel lorries and buses from our roads. Britain is fast becoming a third world country and it is high time we stop giving foreign aid and look after our own. Diesel vehicles (cars) and wood burning stoves are the least of our worries. Rant over.

/Users/davidcooper/Desktop/P1030081.JPG
Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Thu Mar 01, 2018 2:42 pm
by steamdrivenandy (deleted)

I don't think new houses generate more cars. The cars come with people. They don't buy one or two cars just because they've purchased a new house.

Marginally new houses will use more energy because they are an additional resource. Though they're massively more efficient than houses of just a few decades back, due to higher standard Building Regs insisting on more economic appliances and much better overall insulation.

The Government have announced an aspiration for diesel locomotives to be phased out, though like most things from our government they appear to have no idea how to achieve it. Working on the Captain Picard system of sitting on the bridge and shouting 'Make it so!'

I'm afraid rail never did and never will provide the sort of personalised micro local transport that cars and lorries provide and either we continue using them or accept substantial limitations on our freedom of movement.

Foreign aid is a tiny portion of our national budget which would make very little difference to our infrastructure spread over the whole country. It serves many functions including helping our fellow human beings who also live on this planet, possibly goes some way to assuaging the terrible wrongs inflicted on the rest of the world by our past abuses and some way to reducing the potential risks to our society. Rant over

'Well the rain came, I thought you'd leave
'Cos I knew how much you loved the sun.
But you chose to stay, stay and keep me warm
Through the darkest nights I've ever known'.
Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:07 pm
by eriba4us (deleted)

I respect your point of view and I don't want to enter into a poltical argument but I would just say that I was and am not responsible for the any past wrong doings by my ancestors and therefore feel obligation to accept any responsibility for their actions. Suffice to say that one should not argue politics with friends (Eriba friends) so I'll agree to disagree.
Dave

/Users/davidcooper/Desktop/P1030081.JPG
Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:21 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.295 Posts

The safest route to a long and happy life on forums and the real world would be a total avoidance, and in fact may I advocate a ban, on our views on politics, religion and sport. Boring probably, safe definetly, but friendships would not be under pressure..

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
likes this post!
Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:30 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

I think Colin's right. I don't want to pee on anyone's firework or anything, but locking this is probably the most sensible option.

Pete

Thank goodness for that. I can now stop biting my lip. Aaron Calder

Last edited Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:46 am | Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 54 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12510 topics and 105561 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0