Wanted Air Awning

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:22 pm
by Rfjamieson1 (deleted)

We're looking for an air inflated awning for a 2005 Triton. Any make considered.

likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: Wanted Air Awning

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:30 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.289 Posts

The Kampa Pop-Air Pro 340 should be perfect for your low height pre 2010 van. It is only higher post 2010 vans that it may be problematic on. The genuine Kampa groundsheet for this awning is also worth buying. It is very good.
The Inflatable Twin Air sold by AL is also a consideration. I do not know how good it is, but it is a lot more expensive and somehow does not look correct.
If you can wait until 2019 then Vango will possibly have something available. I was told this may be ready for preview at the Oct 2018 show.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:46 pm
by Rfjamieson1 (deleted)

Thanks Colin. That's very helpful. I don't think we'll wait until next year though - maybe we'll have a look at AL at the spring meet.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Mar 31, 2018 4:58 pm
by Rfjamieson1 (deleted)

Just refreshing the post...

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:17 pm
by Rfjamieson1 (deleted)

Final bump before we get ourselves talked into a new one at AL...

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun May 06, 2018 1:21 pm
by Tripitaka (deleted)

I have a Kampa Pop-Air Pro 340 for sale, Only used twice but I haver a larger one (drive away) as I have big dogs.
Looking for around £500. if you are interested.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun May 06, 2018 2:21 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.738 Posts

If you send the original poster a PM, he will receive an email telling him you've sent a message, otherwise he may not see your post for some time.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun Jul 29, 2018 8:32 am
by Erica (deleted)

Hi

I just signed up. We have a Kampa Pro POP Air 340 that we’ve used only once and is now surplus to our requiremnts. It’s in its original bag with air pump and is stored in the dry. It’s showing on the Kampa website at £799.00 (more on other sites. We are currrently asking £650 for it, but if you are interested I’m sure we can come to an arrangement, Many thanks

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:05 am
by bernardm (deleted)

Just received a full refund from Kampa for our Pop air.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:40 am
by Rfjamieson1 (deleted)

Thanks for the responses. We bought Shadow sun canopy in the end, as we thought it better suited our current uses.

Ron & Angela

Triton 420 GT 2005, Pedro, with a Mercedes 220 estate
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:49 pm
by Cath and David (deleted)

Quote: bernardm wrote in post #9
Just received a full refund from Kampa for our Pop air.

Our 1 year old Kampa Pop Air Pro 365 developed a leak, well 3 actually, at the end of July and we've been trying to get it replaced/repaired or a refund since then. We've been dealing with the retailer-Adventure Leisure Vehicles but they keep prevaricating. How did you manage to get a refund from Kampa?

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:16 pm
by bernardm (deleted)

We dealt with AL and they did all the leg work.
Until

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:19 am
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Quote: bernardm wrote in post #12
We dealt with AL and they did all the leg work.
Until

Thanks for the prompt response. I presume that was Automotive Leisure in Poole - we're dealing with Adventure Leisure Vehicles at Tebay.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Nov 28, 2018 7:42 pm

We've finally received a full refund from Adventure Leisure. They had sent the awning back to Kampa for repair but when it came back it still leaked even tough Kampa said they had tested it. We're now looking for a new awning but won't be considering anything from Kampa.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:37 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.289 Posts

Cath and David,
we are know on plans B and C. Next year when we travel through France for 6 weeks plan B is the Isabella shadow for when it's sunny and the Sunncamp Swift for when it's wet. Each weigh about 5kg and are quick to put up and take down
Plan C is for other occasions when we plan a longer stay [2 or 3 weeks] on site and is the excellent Fortex Aronde. At 5.2 x 3.0m for our Triton it is huge and at 38kg a beast but wonderful. You could go for a Unico Verona? instead which is similar in design.
In both situations we also have a Fiamma Caravanstore on the opposite side of the van. This allows us to pack/unpack if it's raining, gives wet weather protection for bikes, clothes drier and satellite dish or keeps the heat off the side of the van when temperatures get high in summertime France.

Plan D will come into effect when an inflatable air awning that actually does the job and looks good is available. The AL job https://www.automotiveleisure.co.uk/prod...win-air-awning/ may work fine but I cannot live with the looks because I'm a fussy sod.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

Visitors
6 Members and 40 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12503 topics and 105517 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 6