RE: Anyone got the new Clairval Kitovent Twin Air Awning from Automotive Leisure?

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:10 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.289 Posts

I like eating a torte. I like eating a lot of things.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Eribanut likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: Anyone got the new Clairval Kitovent Twin Air Awning from Automotive Leisure?

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:21 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: steamdrivenandy wrote in post #15
Multiple choice question - tort, taught, or taut?
Tight. Tight would do, then there's no confusion.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:51 pm
by steamdrivenandy (deleted)

Who you calling 'tight' pal?

'I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon
but to settle down and write you a line.'

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini being dragged by nothing at all
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue May 29, 2018 10:21 pm
by Prudence (deleted)

Today taken delivery of a Twin Air awning for our 2017 Triton. At first inspection, looks good quality and the heavy weight seems to confirm this. The instructions are in French but have managed to translate. They are quite brief and don't say the pressure to pump up to or how to deflate. I plan to try a test assembly on our drive before our next trip in June. Will report back after trial assembly.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue May 29, 2018 10:41 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.289 Posts

Some photos would be very useful if you can manage it.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed May 30, 2018 6:03 am
by Frantone (deleted)

Hope it’s been worth the wait.
TonyP

Troll 540GT (2013) gently nudging up against Galaxy.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:42 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Bumpity bump bump

Did either of the people who were going to get one of these Twin Air awnings actually get one?

One of them - Mikeje99 - is still around, but I wonder if the other - Prudence - overinflated hers in a fit of exuberance and ended up scattered over the surrounding counties in the ensuing explosion, because she hasn't been on since May.

If you did end up getting one, it would be really helpful if you could do us a quick review. With some photographs, if possible.

And do you reckon this mighty dirigible will fit lower-rail (pre 2009) vans? All the pictures I've seen are with it fitted to the later higher-rail ones.

Last edited Mon Aug 13, 2018 7:42 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:11 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

We witnessed an overinflated air awning go off pop last summer in the Vendée.
I say ‘pop’ but it was actually a hell of a bang and was close to a bowel loosener😀

The point is that the awning did not have pressure release valves which some do and I wondered if this new one had them.

Eriba #5. Triton 420 GT gently nudging Ford Galaxy.
Bryn likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 13, 2018 10:33 pm
by Mikeje99 (deleted)

We took delivery of the awning only to find the box had been damaged in transit and the awning had a hole in the roof. We contacted AL and they offered to provide an exchange but couldn't get one to us in time for our holiday. We decided on a refund and ended up ordering a traditional Walker full awning which we just used in France and have been very impressed.

We didn't get chance to try putting up the Clairval so can't comment on how easy it is or isn't to put up. The one thing I would say is the awning weighs a lot more than a traditional awning.

Mike

Randa france and Pepé Le Pew like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:57 pm
by Soulbluesman (deleted)

A comment about the weight of air beam awnings after reading the last post from Mike..

Just got back from a few days in Kendal. We have the Kampa 365 thingy foir our Troll and I did promise someone a while ago that I would put a new review of it when we had used it a few times. I will do this soon.

We have used it three times. The first on a hardstanding was quite good. The second on grass a total disaster with Mrs T uncharacteristically nearly throwing it in the camp site skip. This week on another hardstanding it was OK.

However we reached the conclusion that it was far too heavy for us to hold up as we threaded it into the rail on our Troll. We both said as being.
in our 60s there would quickly come a time when we are physically unable to erect the awning, without doing ourselves some damage.

It is interesting to read that the Clairval was also heavy, as we had talked about that as a solution. We think a traditional awning may be the eventual solution for us. MikeT

Last edited Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:58 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Aug 17, 2018 7:52 pm
by Ray Lawrence | 667 Posts

I quite agree about air awnings being heavy to install on to the awning rail. I have a Movelite Oxygen 2, which is a relatively cheap awning but by no means lightweight. One cannot zip out the front and sides to reduce the weight for assembly as one can a Soplair awning for example.

I have, and use, both Movelite and Soplair awnings and use them both for different conditions. I don't find it takes much longer to erect the pole and canvas awning over the inflatable job. Final pegging out to get the best fit takes the most time with both.

If I was forced to take only one, I would have the old Soplair.

2007 Triton 430GT - Seat Ateca 1.4TSI petrol manual
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:21 pm
by Smilesapart (deleted)

We bought this awning and got delivery just in time for our 2 week holiday touring Normandy.
We have been delighted with the overall quality of this awning. It’s heavy but easy to put up, is sturdy and connects well into the awning rail with none of the issues I’ve read about with the Kampa awning. My only criticism is that the bottom skirt doesn’t stay in the skirt rail that well. But the awning is brilliant. It’s firm, stable and feels substantial. We took it down and put it back up a couple of times as we moved site. It’s very very expensive but if you feel you need an awning then this was so much easier that the pole awning we had with our last caravan. We had some heavy rain but no issues with it letting water in.

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:25 pm
by Randa france | 12.855 Posts

Thanks for the review James. As a fan of Clairval this awning certainly looked the part when we saw it at Automotive Leisure in the Spring.

Do you have a photo that you could perhaps add to our Awning Gallery?

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:27 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:50 pm
by Smilesapart (deleted)

I do, but how do I post a photo on here?

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:59 pm
by Randa france | 12.855 Posts

The Gallery is quite easy to follow James. If you click on this link :-g8-Eriba-Awnings.html then "Upload new Pictures" and choose file. Then upload pictures.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:02 am | Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 49 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12503 topics and 105517 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1