Anyone got the new Clairval Kitovent Twin Air Awning from Automotive Leisure?

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:23 pm
by Smilesapart (deleted)

Hi - I want to buy an air awning and was wondering if anyone has tried this new Clairval Kitovent Twin Air Awning being sold by Automotive Leisure? Is it any good? Is it better than the Kampa Air Awning? Its certainly a lot more money.

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: Anyone got the new Clairval Kitovent Twin Air Awning from Automotive Leisure?

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Apr 11, 2018 7:37 pm
by Randa france | 12.859 Posts

It's fairly new to the market James and AL have only offered it for sale for a few weeks.

Clairval (a French manufacturer) have a good, long standing reputation for Eriba awnings however. Here's a recent thread about the awning you're thinking of..

Clairval Twin Air Awning.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

RE: Anyone got the new Clairval Kitovent Twin Air Awning from Automotive Leisure?

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:29 am
by rambling robin (deleted)

WOW! That's what an air strut *should* look like on an Eriba.

£1100 plus is a bit steep, but I reckon that if you're using your van a lot and need the extra living space then it could well be justified. It just looks so much better than the kampa thing.

My guess is you'll still need the amazing gutter strip for our gloriously sunny climate, but apart from that - looks good.

Neurotic Kia Sportage trundling MegaPuck 410
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 12, 2018 1:44 pm
by Mikeje99 (deleted)

We've just ordered one for our Troll from AL. Looks like we'll have to wait until at least May for it though. Once we get it I'll put some photos up.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:31 pm
by Randa france | 12.859 Posts

Many of us saw the new Clairval Twin Air at AL last weekend. Here's a few pics:-

IMG_4240.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) Move aside Nyjohn. Let's see the awning

IMG_4237.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) IMG_4238.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) My, what big buffers you've got Clairval.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:18 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:28 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.295 Posts

That looks a lot nicer than the photos on the AL website.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:15 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

It was very impressive at AL despite not being pegged down. Big solid tubes all separately inflated.
Interchangeable sides, one with ‘obscured’ privacy screening.
The front has doors each side.
So a couple of improvements on our Unico Bologna.
If purchasing now it would be top of our list but I would wait a while for users to report back after actual experience.

Troll 540GT (2013) gently nudging up against Galaxy.

Last edited Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:26 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:25 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.295 Posts

Can you still use the side window at the back end. It looks like the fabric is part covering the window in the photo?

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:56 pm
by steamdrivenandy (deleted)

Mmmm, it looks as if there's 'spare' at the front but that the big airbeam across the back of the awning would stop the van door opening if it was moved further aft.

We still have a couple of lengths of ribbons with Velcro on the ends that originated around a couple of throws Mrs SDA purchased for one of our vans. We were v pleased when we discovered they were exactly the right length to hold the Troll's door open when looped through the inner handle and around an awning pole above.

'I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon
but to settle down and write you a line.'

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini being dragged by nothing at all
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:04 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

The back fabric would be higher and tighter if the ‘leg’ tubes could have been pegged down.

The 2 side panels looked symmetrical so could be swapped. I’m not sure which fabric piece you’re referring to Colin. The sides zip out leaving the arched roof and rear and front fabric parts which have the leg tubes zipped in.
Just looked again and I think I see what you mean. The window and door would be cleared if the whole structure was lifted and this would happen when correctly pegged and inflated. I wonder if there is some sort of strap across the bottom fro leg to leg which would set the correct distance of the tube feet and therefore set the height?
TonyP

Last edited Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:12 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:34 pm

Surely isn't the height limited somewhat by how high the material between rear beam and awning rail, once that's taught it can't go any higher.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:00 pm
by Ralph79 | 162 Posts

It doesn't look like they make one to fit our puck 120 though, which is a shame. So looks like the Kampa is still favourite!

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:36 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

SDA....Yes. The material on the show model is not taught.

Last edited Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:36 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:50 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: Frantone wrote in post #13
The material on the show model is not taught.
It'll be fine as long as somebody takes the time to teach it...

mr_underhill and Eribanut like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:54 pm

Multiple choice question - tort, taught, or taut?

Scroll up

Visitors
5 Members and 28 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12509 topics and 105553 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 5