I will report back when I have tried it out

http://www.automotiveleisure.co.uk/Awnings.html

Right at the bottom of the page.

Vauxhall Insignia Sri towing 2006 Triton 430 import
Scroll up

RE: Ultralight Sun Canopy

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:21 pm
by Deeps (deleted)

Well the price certainly looks attractive although my first thought was that if you don't happen to get the right pitch in terms of wind direction you could end up creating one hell of a wind tunnel.

2013 Triton 430, VW Touran TDI BM
мы прибываем невидимые - we arrive invisible

My You Tube Channel

Last edited Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:09 pm | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Wed Mar 19, 2014 2:26 pm
by hob (deleted)

I need something light, good looking and easy to handle on my own ................thought I might get a sunshade too

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:23 am
by Pop540 (deleted)

they do look good

make sure you ask the distence from van to pole base for correct arc (ark)

Eriba troll 540 likes constant hugs, and buffs and the odd cuppa.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Mar 22, 2014 8:17 am
by Randa france | 12.859 Posts

Quote: hob wrote in post #1
Just ordered an Ultralight Sun Canopy from AL.

Saw one of these at the EOC Rally on the Gower last September Nev. Although the weather was quite breezy, it stayed up without issue all week long. As Amanda (Pop 540) says, the canopy curve and pole base distance from the van is critical. We read that somewhere but can't remember where?
Randa

g25p416-WIGO-Ultralight-Sun-canopy.html

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Fri Mar 20, 2015 5:06 pm | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Mar 22, 2014 5:31 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

Think there were some issues with poles snapping if the correct spacing, curvature was incorrect. on TEF

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sat Mar 22, 2014 11:18 pm
by hob (deleted)

Well I can't fault the speed of delivery ..............it was here at 10.00 am the next day....................however not a single word on how to put it up............ emailed AL

reply...........

Zitat
Apologies I have searched and unfortunately cannot find the instructions but
I can help.

You feed the material into the rail above the door there is 3 large fibre
glass poles that slide in from the rail to the end of the material followed
by 2 smaller poles that go across to help create the arch shape.

If this doesn't help feel free to contact us.

So emailed Wigo in my best English followed by a translation by google (just to be sure)

Zitat
Here is the instruction for ultra light.
I`m sorry, but I have no instruction in english!

Attached was an A4 page all in German with no diagrams .........................google translation bless it made the usual b*lls up translating it but I had a good laugh as the word "Herings" (which in this case I think means plastic peg) translated into herring but I really don't fancy trying to fix it down with 10 dead fish (wonder if kippers would work?)

So just like the puck awning I guess its down to me to figure it out

Mr Deeps ................whats a Gestängeauslässen when its at home???? google didn't even attempt that one

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:43 am
by Pop540 (deleted)

herrings

could this be the translation linkage outlets

Last edited Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:59 am | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:57 am
by hob (deleted)

Something fishy about that

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:00 am
by Pop540 (deleted)

red herring springs to mind

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:02 am
by Pop540 (deleted)

wonder if there is a You tube for this love to see the fish in action hahaha

edit 0:43

Last edited Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:35 am | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:40 am
by Deeps (deleted)

Quote: hob wrote in post #7

Mr Deeps ................whats a Gestängeauslässen when its at home???? google didn't even attempt that one

Beats me what they are trying to say not seeing the entire sentence to put it into some kind of context. One thing is for definite though - there is no such word as Gestängeauslässen.

It would make slightly more sense when split into two words: Gestänge which is linkage and auslassen which is leave out or omit. Note the difference between the non-word auslässen and auslassen in that there is no umlaut above the 'a'. If there was such a word as auslässen it would be pronounced completely different to auslassen.

My You Tube Channel

Last edited Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:10 pm | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:56 am
by hob (deleted)

Quote: Deeps wrote in post #13
Quote: hob wrote in post #8

Beats me what they are trying to say not seeing the entire sentence to put it into some kind of context. One thing is for definite though - there is no such word as Gestängeauslässen.

lassen in that there is no umlaut above the 'a'. If there was such a word as auslässen it would be pronounced completely different to auslassen.

The whole thing looks like this

Any help would be appreciated

Aufbauanleitung für Sonnendach Ultra Light

Sehr geehrte Kundin, sehr geehrter Kunde,

zunächst bedanken wir uns dafür, dass Sie ein Sonnendach aus unserer Produktion gewählt haben. Wir hoffen, Sie haben mit unserem Sonnendach viel Freude und allzeit schöne Urlaube. Damit das auch so sein kann, beachten Sie bitte die folgenden Hinweise und Ratschläge zum Aufbau:

Stecken Sie Glasfieberelement ineinander. Ziehen Sie die Sonnendachhaut ein. Führen Sie die zusammengesteckten Glasfieberelemente in die Hohlsäume des Sonnendaches. Dafür sind an beiden Seiten Hohlsäume angebracht. Bei den Größen 3 und 4 befindet sich zudem ein weiterer Hohlsaum in der Mitte. Am oberen Ende werden die Stangen in eine Tasche eingeführt, die eine Beschädigung Ihres Wohnwagens verhindert. Am unteren Ende befinden Sich je ein Spanngurt mit einem Metallsplint daran befestigt. Diesen Metallstift führen Sie bitte von unten in die jeweilige Bogenstange ein. An diesen Metallstift befindet sich ein Metallring. Nachdem Sie die Bogenstange auf die entsprechende Bogenspannung gebracht haben, sichern sie die Bogenstange mittels eines Herings durch den Metallring. Anschließend können Sie die Sonnendachhaut mit dem Spanngurt nachspannen. Ab der Größe 3 erhalten Sie zudem eine Querstange, die Sie im unteren Bereich des Sonnensegels setzen.

Spannen Sie Ihr Sonnendach an den Gestängeauslässen mit 2 Leinen pro Seite auf einen Hering ab. Setzen Sie die Leinen in einem gleichmäßigen Abstand vom Wohnwagen bis zum Boden. Achten Sie dabei darauf, dass die Leinen mittig im Gestängeauslass sitzen und in einen rechten Winkel zur Stange abgespannt werden.

Bedenken Sie bitte, Ihr Sonnendach bei starken Winden und Regen notfalls abzubauen, um eine Beschädigung zu vermeiden. Achten Sie immer darauf, Ihr Sonnendach trocken einzupacken und Verschmutzungen möglichst zeitnah zu beseitigen. Verwenden Sie hierbei lediglich eine lauwarme Seifenlauge zur Reinigung.

Wir wünschen Ihnen viel Spaß und Freude!

Ihre Wigo-Zelte GmbH & Co.KG

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun Mar 23, 2014 10:50 am
by Deeps (deleted)

Quote: hob wrote in post #13

Aufbauanleitung für Sonnendach Ultra Light - Instructions for erecting etc etc......

Sehr geehrte Kundin, sehr geehrter Kunde, - Dear lady customer, dear gentleman customer.......

zunächst bedanken wir uns dafür, dass Sie ein Sonnendach aus unserer Produktion gewählt haben. Wir hoffen, Sie haben mit unserem Sonnendach viel Freude und allzeit schöne Urlaube. Damit das auch so sein kann, beachten Sie bitte die folgenden Hinweise und Ratschläge zum Aufbau:

Thank you for choosing a Sun Canopy from our Production. We hope you enjoy the Sun Canopy and always experience nice holidays. To achieve this please observe the following advice:

Stecken Sie Glasfieberelement ineinander. Ziehen Sie die Sonnendachhaut ein. Führen Sie die zusammengesteckten Glasfieberelemente in die Hohlsäume des Sonnendaches. Dafür sind an beiden Seiten Hohlsäume angebracht. Bei den Größen 3 und 4 befindet sich zudem ein weiterer Hohlsaum in der Mitte. Am oberen Ende werden die Stangen in eine Tasche eingeführt, die eine Beschädigung Ihres Wohnwagens verhindert. Am unteren Ende befinden Sich je ein Spanngurt mit einem Metallsplint daran befestigt. Diesen Metallstift führen Sie bitte von unten in die jeweilige Bogenstange ein. An diesen Metallstift befindet sich ein Metallring. Nachdem Sie die Bogenstange auf die entsprechende Bogenspannung gebracht haben, sichern sie die Bogenstange mittels eines Herings durch den Metallring. Anschließend können Sie die Sonnendachhaut mit dem Spanngurt nachspannen. Ab der Größe 3 erhalten Sie zudem eine Querstange, die Sie im unteren Bereich des Sonnensegels setzen.

Insert the fiberglass elements (poles) into one another. Pull the Sun Canopy skin in. Lead the previously assembled fiberglass elements (poles) into the sewn section of the Canopy. The next part is absolutely horrible German but I'm reading into this that there are sewn section on both ends of the Canopy and by sizes 3 and 4 there is an additional sewn section in the middle. At the top end the poles should be inserted into the provided pocket which is there to prevent damage to the Caravan. On the bottom side you will find a strap with a metal pin attached to it. Insert this pin into the respective arched pole. After tensioning the pole put the provided pin through the metal ring. Afterwards you can always apply more tension by using the supplied strap. With sizes 3 and 4 there is also a cross pole that you place in the bottom area of the Sun Canopy.

Spannen Sie Ihr Sonnendach an den Gestängeauslässen mit 2 Leinen pro Seite auf einen Hering ab. Setzen Sie die Leinen in einem gleichmäßigen Abstand vom Wohnwagen bis zum Boden. Achten Sie dabei darauf, dass die Leinen mittig im Gestängeauslass sitzen und in einen rechten Winkel zur Stange abgespannt werden.

Tension the Sun Canopy on the pole outlets with 2 lines per side onto a single peg. Locate the lines an equal distance from the Caravan. Ensure that the lines sit centrally in the pole outlet and are anchored at a right angle to the pole.

Bedenken Sie bitte, Ihr Sonnendach bei starken Winden und Regen notfalls abzubauen, um eine Beschädigung zu vermeiden. Achten Sie immer darauf, Ihr Sonnendach trocken einzupacken und Verschmutzungen möglichst zeitnah zu beseitigen. Verwenden Sie hierbei lediglich eine lauwarme Seifenlauge zur Reinigung.

Please keep in mind that in strong winds and rain in order to avoid any possible damage it is better to dismantle your Sun Canopy. Ensure you always pack your awning away dry and as soon as possible so minimize it getting dirty.. For cleaning, use only lukewarm soapy water.

Wir wünschen Ihnen viel Spaß und Freude!

We wish you lots of fun and joy

Ihre Wigo-Zelte GmbH & Co.KG

Hope this helps. The German is absolutely terrible and I suspect written by perhaps one of the firms foreign workers . Croatian, Turkish, Polish..........take your pick.

My You Tube Channel

Last edited Thu Jul 13, 2017 6:10 pm | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:08 am
by hob (deleted)

Zitat
Hope this helps.

Many thanks it makes a lot more sense than the google translation

Copied and saved for future reference

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 29 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12509 topics and 105553 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0