Remoska Recipes

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:24 am
by Aaron Calder | 3.732 Posts

Some time ago I trawled the Web for recipes suitable for cooking in the caravan in a Remoska and put them together into one file. As they are written by different people, their styles vary - in case you were wondering.

If you have any favourite recipes that you'd like to pass on, let me have them and I'll keep the file updated.

Bon appetit!

Attachment:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
REMOSKA RECIPES.pdf REMOSKA RECIPES.pdf

monoboard likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: Remoska Recipes

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Oct 28, 2013 10:54 am
by Steamdrivenandy (deleted)

Here's the bread & butter pudding recipe from my Eriba Living site:

'It just wouldn’t be fair to end this section without providing at least one recipe, however it’s hard to outdo Mr Dorey and Ms Randell and their magnificent opus. However I have a secret weapon, a recipe thrust into my hand by a grizzled Worcestershire native as he dragged himself up into the cab of one of his many Auto-Sleeper Nuevos. Yes he is a chugger, not a tugger, but we’ve all been tempted by the dark side from time to time and somehow he and Auto-Sleeper deserve each other. Thanks Zebedee.
Zebedee’s Cream Cheese Bread and Butter Pudding
8 large slices of white bread
75g (3oz) unsalted butter
500g (1lb) soft cream cheese (Quark or Ricotta)
3 eggs
50g (2oz) raisins soaked for 15 minutes in dark rum
100g (4oz) caster sugar
Finely grated rind from 1 lemon
500ml (1pt) milk
Cut bread slices diagonally across into triangles, brush both sides with melted butter and place half in the base of the buttered Remoska. Mix the cream cheese with two eggs, the raisins, half of the sugar and the grated lemon rind. Spread the mixture over the bread: cover with the rest of the buttered bread. Whisk up the third egg with the milk and pour over the prepared pudding. Drizzle with any leftover melted butter, cover with the lid and bake to a golden crispy brown approx. 30-40 minutes. Sprinkle with the rest of the sugar whilst still warm and serve.

My arteries hardened just typing it out'.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:34 pm
by Eribanut | 2.024 Posts

Just trying out baking a boiled fruit cake recipe in the remoska for the works end of season do tomorrow.

If it works will post the recipe later.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:47 pm
by Randa france | 12.831 Posts

Can't you post a bit of the finished cake instead?
R

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:40 pm

Mrs SDA has made Mars Bar muffins in the Remoska and I recall that I searched long and hard for a chilled cake mix that Waitrose stocked about 6 or 7 years ago but apparently it didn't sell well and was withdrawn. Philistines!

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:45 pm
by Eribafolk Admin. (deleted)

Should have asked Pepe. Doesn't he live in Waitrose?

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:00 pm

I think it may actually be the Waitrose car park. When I was there last there was a little sentry box thing at the entrance, maybe he's converted it into an artist's studio, it certainly had excellent light.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:24 pm
by Eribanut | 2.024 Posts

You wouldn't like it Assembled the ingredients boiled the fruit etc mixed in the dry, placed in Remoska 20 mins into bake thought to myself DOH
Forgot the eggs...........................
Result boiled fruit pudding.

Still might be OK with custard

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:48 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.257 Posts

A recipe for the file;-

I cook a torte in the deep pan every couple of week. The starting point initially was cold boiled potatoes fried off with odd bits of onion, pepper, mushroom etc, transferred to the Remoska, 5 beaten eggs, some cheese added and given about 25 minutes.
It does not seem to matter what goes in as long as you have one strong taste to lift things. I've used scraps of chorizio with good results. The most simple recipe came about by accident when I saw some cans of mushrooms and others of green beans in the reduced trolley.

- equivalent of 5 egg sized raw skin on potatoes in a 20mm dice, drizzled with oil, good seasoning of salt & pepper baked in Remoska for 20 minutes
- add a tin of drained green beans
- add a tin of mushrooms [warm through in a frying pan with butter and garlic to get some taste into them if you want]
- add 5 beaten eggs, seasoned
- add 2 good handfuls of cheese [shropshire blue works well]
- cook for 25 minutes then turn off and remove lid

Best left to cool down, serves 4 with salad bits, coleslaw, ham, whatever takes your fancy.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Last edited Thu Oct 22, 2020 4:50 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:27 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.257 Posts

Gnochi, leek and ham hock for 2

My latest favourite based on a recipe Mrs eribaMotters got out of a library book and I originally tried a few weeks ago in the oven.

250g Gnochi [usually comes in 500g pack so freeze other half]
90/100g Pulled Ham Hock [usually 180/200g in pack so freeze other half]
150ml 1/2 fat creme freche
2 handfuls grated cheddar cheese
2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
Handful frozen peas
Small to medium leek cut into rings 10mm thick

- Put creme freche, mustard, 1/2 of cheese and peas into Remoska
- Into a pan of boiling water put gnochi and leek, return to boil and leave to simmer for 2 minutes
- Drain, add to Remoska and stir
- Sprinkle ham hock over the top, then other 1/2 of cheese.
- Cook for about 25 minutes

Serve with what you want + red wine. Takes about 10 minutes to prep.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

John Cross likes this post!
Last edited Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:24 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:48 pm
by John Cross | 263 Posts

Just sent a screen shot to my wife's phone, some rather good noises coming from the sofa. Looks like we will be trying this recipe Colin

Troll 540 Nissan Terrano 3.0 or LR Discovery 1 Fred and Diane
eribaMotters likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
5 Members and 11 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12470 topics and 105333 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 5