Gas Bottle

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:24 pm
by BerylFfrangcon (deleted)

Can you please settle an argument with the gasman? Can you store a full bottle of butane in the horizontal position rather than the vertical position inside the caravan under the diner seat?

Scroll up

RE: Gas Bottle

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:45 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.257 Posts

In theory you can. I believe the problem would only be with an liquified gas getting into the regulator. I would not be happy to do so though as I am of a conservative nature and the bottle was designed to stored standing up.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Last edited Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:45 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Apr 30, 2018 10:58 pm
by steamdrivenandy (deleted)

There are rules and regs about gas cylinder storage. Sealed cabinets with drop-out holes etc. I believe that these apply whether the cylinder is being used or being stored. As the gas locker is designed and built with such storage in mind and will hold two cylinders I can't see much justification for dragging a third cylinder around with you stored elsewhere. Indeed we've travelled with only one cylinder for the last three years and it hasn't run out yet.

'I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon
but to settle down and write you a line.'

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini being dragged by nothing at all
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:45 pm
by JohnE | 576 Posts

Quote: BerylFfrangcon wrote in post #1
Can you store a full bottle of butane in the horizontal position rather than the vertical position inside the caravan under the diner seat?
No, because the cylinder's pressure relief safety device (on the valve assembly) must be above liquid level to operate correctly.

Anyway, beer and wine come in bottles - gas comes in cylinders

rs540, , granddadgrape and Eribanut like this post!
Last edited Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:46 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue May 01, 2018 7:39 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

And they weigh a ton. Beryl, it's so easy here to find a replacement if you need one......

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue May 01, 2018 8:52 am
by BerylFfrangcon (deleted)

Thanks for all your speedy replies. Turning to your nickname, what grouping railways are you fanatical about? Being born next door to the Cambrian, I am 100% God's Wonderful Railway fan. I even have an unique car registration number GWR 2 6 2 T.
Dafydd Beryl's better half)

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue May 01, 2018 9:03 am
by steamdrivenandy (deleted)

Quote: BerylFfrangcon wrote in post #6
Thanks for all your speedy replies. Turning to your nickname, what grouping railways are you fanatical about? Being born next door to the Cambrian, I am 100% God's Wonderful Railway fan. I even have an unique car registration number GWR 2 6 2 T.
Dafydd Beryl's better half)

Swift OT.
The avatar gives a clue.
GWR King Class express passenger locomotive 6024 King Edward 1 at Minehead being prepped for a run.
At present being reassembled at Minehead shed following her most comprehensive overhaul ever. Currently a rolling chassis with the boiler due to return from refurbishing soon. During the overhaul she's had two brand new slimmer outside cylinders cast and fitted to help improve mainline route availability in future.

'I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon
but to settle down and write you a line.'

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini being dragged by nothing at all
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Tue May 01, 2018 9:20 am
by Aaron Calder | 3.732 Posts

Bugger! I was certain it was Henry the Green Engine.

Thomas_and_Friends_Henry.png - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Pepé Le Pew, , Eribanut and like this post!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Fri May 11, 2018 8:56 pm
by rutts | 81 Posts

Hi,I lived literally 50yds from Percy Main depot where my dad was a engine driver from about 1947 to retirement in the 1960's.He joined the railway as a cleaner,aged 11yrs,@ Middlesboro,was moved to the Lake district as a fireman,back to Hull as a driver during the war,then upto the Tyne.He took early retirement with 51+yrs service.He was determined I wouldn't follow in his footsteps & so I joined the Merchant Navy,serving on steam tubines & when we emigrated to South Africa, I worked, amongst other vessels,on a 3,500HP(steam up & downer) natural draft,coal fired tug that was kept in service till it was 100yrs old! I never miss the chance to ride a steam railway,whether here,South Afrtica or even Peru,they are truly magnificent.Rgds,Dave

Scroll up

Visitors
8 Members and 11 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12470 topics and 105332 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 8