RE: Campervan differences

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue May 01, 2018 6:43 pm
by steamdrivenandy (deleted)

Quote: Eribanut wrote in post #15
>Do not slide those bloody doors open and shut 100 times a day and night,

We had one of those by us at Marina site in Bath earlier this year. Got very close to instructing them where to stick their door

I know what you mean about the doors.

Happily on this van both rear seats go flat at the push of a button on the gangway side of the seatbox.

On our Innovation 1 the nearside rear seat had no box, just a metal frame which clamped onto rails in the floor. It had originally been fitted out as somewhere to clamp a wheelchair. When we wanted to make the seat into a bed I had to release both clamps, which involved climbing outside to get at the nearside clamp. It just couldn't be manipulated from inside. Once the clamps were released I slid the seat frame forward and reclamped it. Then I climbed inside over the extended seat. Often having got fairly wet in the process and then the darn door was slid shut.

That won't need to happen this time.

'I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon
but to settle down and write you a line.'

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini being dragged by nothing at all
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed May 02, 2018 9:19 am
by Randa france | 12.859 Posts

Oh, forgot another important do not so have modified the list. "Do not carve up the grass when extracating yourself. Others have to camp there afterwards."

R

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Wed May 02, 2018 9:20 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed May 02, 2018 9:41 am

I did once get stuck on a CL whilst taking a toddle round a CL field which had long grass. I wondered why nobody was pitched there, it was boggy. The farmer had to pull us out with his tractor. Didn't make much mess at all and a car plus caravan would've done the same. Also once nearly got stuck at a very wet Houghton Mill site with our '01 540 whilst it was being towed by a Kia Sorento. The Kia left a skidmark, not deep but unsightly. I'm a very careful boy Sir, Mr Randa.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed May 02, 2018 9:48 am
by Rickys Rav | 73 Posts

005.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)006.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)007.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Should have bought one of these!!!!!

Troll 540GT pulled by Ricky's Rav
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed May 02, 2018 10:34 am

AFAIK Californias don't normally have a proper Thetford swivel toilet or a rear 'garage' for dogs, or a large kitchen.

download.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) Malvern2compressed.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) P6220747compressed.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) Dogs in Transit.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte) P1010524.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini (nearly gone), being dragged by nothing at all

Last edited Wed May 02, 2018 10:40 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed May 02, 2018 11:03 am
by Rickys Rav | 73 Posts

Our Westfalia California Exclusive had a Thetford loo in the back with a flip down sink above - we slept up top in the massive double bed and Ricky the dog slept on the lower double bed (spoilt) - the kitchen was well appointed with cooker, fridge/freezer, sink and stacks of cupboards/storage. We sold it last November as we had outgrown it and wanted even more space especially during inclement weather - the Troll 540 has more than achieved these new requirements.

005-2.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)006-2.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)003.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)Screenshot_2015-04-08-22-29-26.png - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Troll 540GT pulled by Ricky's Rav

Last edited Wed May 02, 2018 11:15 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed May 02, 2018 11:34 am

A very tidy machine, especially as it must be mid to late '90's.

Not sure my 70 year old knees would stand sleeping on the first floor these days.

We prefer longer single beds which gives the dogs stretching out space in the gangway at night.

And a 540 did for us too when we moved to caravans but this time a lot of the camping will be me on my own and a campervan seemed more appropriate.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed May 02, 2018 1:20 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.607 Posts

Quote: steamdrivenandy wrote in post #22

And a 540 did for us too when we moved to caravans but this time a lot of the camping will be me on my own and a campervan seemed more appropriate.

Its a nice looking van Andy, I am sure it will fit the bill for your needs. Dont disappear from the eribafolk forum, you still have your eriba knowledge to share..

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
, Aaron Calder and Randa france like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed May 02, 2018 6:46 pm
by highmiler | 367 Posts

No Caravan.

Highmiler.Troll 530GT and Skoda 2.0 TDi
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Oct 11, 2018 12:26 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.071 Posts

No one hurt but here you go Randa
campervan.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Oct 11, 2018 1:03 pm
by Randa france | 12.859 Posts

Wow, that's some storm.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Oct 11, 2018 2:30 pm

I always thought that there was a problem with those slide-out vans.

Middlesex 29 years
Hertfordshire 15 years
Essex 2 years
North Yorkshire 15 years
North Staffordshire 9 years

'Eribacar' - aka Horizons Unlimited Innovation 3 MWB Ford Transit panel van conversion.
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 13 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12508 topics and 105552 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2