Sticky window blinds

in Anything Eriba-related Wed May 23, 2018 9:44 am
by swa49 (deleted)

Ok, I'm sure i've seen a thread (and a Youtube vid) somewhere about this, but I have some questions:

1. Our van has two blinds (including the biggest one on the rear window) which will not retract of their own accord. I have to manually roll them up, whilst upside down and pretending to be Houdini. Can someone point me to a concise set of steps to getting the spring adjusted to provide more 'springiness'?

2. The blinds seem very sticky to operate, as if something other than spring tension is going on. Are there other maintenance tasks that I should be thinking about?

3. Is it best to remove each blind from the van, take it apart in the 'workshop', and effectively recondition it to get the best results?

Cheers.

Triton 430GT + Golf mk7 2.0TDi DSG
Scroll up

RE: Sticky window blinds

in Anything Eriba-related Wed May 23, 2018 1:47 pm
by highmiler | 367 Posts

If you put "rewinding window blinds" in to the search box above under the banner pic of the Eriba caravans, you will find how to achieve this.

Highmiler.Troll 530GT and Skoda 2.0 TDi
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed May 23, 2018 5:58 pm
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

Our smallest grandson managed to do something truly hideous to one of our blinds which meant they hung at half mast....... I made the mistake of taking it off the wall, and the spring did what springs always do..... sproing.......and nothing was happening.
Our van is a 1997 Triton 430.
If you have the same, try looking to the top left of the blind. Youll see 2 screw heads. Turn a quarter turn at a time, raise and lower the blind and it should get springier.
I've seen some great you tube films about renovation, but it may just be springiness that you need.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jul 01, 2018 7:01 pm
by Toilingtroll (deleted)

Apart from spring tension issues I had problems with my blinds, they seemed to bind. On closer examination I found that the vertical tracks did not always sit in the same plane as each other. Put another way one track was twisted in relation to the blind housing and the other track. I solved the problem by packing the screw that fixes the bottom of the track. It took a bit of doing but it improved the situation 100%.

Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 53 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105774 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3