Battery???

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue May 29, 2018 9:55 pm
by Eriba410tom (deleted)

Hi there

I’ve purchased a 2007 Eriba 410, very excited to get going but need a battery. I’m very new to this, can I just buy any or what do I need to consider please?

Thanks
Tom

Last edited Tue May 29, 2018 9:56 pm | Scroll up

RE: Battery???

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed May 30, 2018 8:16 am
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Hello Tom

Does your Triton have a motor mover fitted? If it does - or if you're thinking of getting one - then that will be the deciding factor in what size (i.e. what amperage) battery you'll need.

A battery beefy enough to power a mover will do everything else you require of it.

We've been down the road of traditional wet (lead acid), gel and AGM batteries. The AGM (Absorbent Glass Mat) one we've got at the moment has been the best and most reliable.

I'm not convinced that a 'leisure battery' is any better at doing what we require of it than a decent AGM car battery, so that's what I got.

It's a Varta like this one. At 95Ah it's got plenty of oomph to run the mover on our Troll and it's maintenance-free. It won't spill if it falls over because there's no liquid electrolyte in it.

I can't say for absolute certain whether or not it should be vented to the outside of the caravan because nobody else seems to know for sure.

I don't vent ours, and to the best of my recollection we haven't blown ourselves up yet. I do make sure that it's charged properly (not overcharged, which may cause AGMs to vent, apparently) with a dedicated charger in the van and a C-Tek trickle charger when it's at home.

AGMs aren't cheap, but if one like ours is good enough to be fitted to a decent-sized car with a hard-working stop-start system then it's plenty good enough for what we need.

, highmiler and Bobb like this post!
Last edited Wed May 30, 2018 8:22 am | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed May 30, 2018 9:12 pm
by Eriba410tom (deleted)

Great response, thank you

I don’t have or intend to have a motor mover but will likely take your advice

Much appreciated

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Wed May 30, 2018 9:34 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts

The difference between a car battery and leisure battery is explained

Here

I also use a car battery however !

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 27 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12541 topics and 105788 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2