Outdoor Vent Cover for Water Heater

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:34 am
by Nibor (deleted)

Hi there ,

I’m totally new to the Eriba forum , we are total novices and bought a one year old Triton 430 with a nice lot of extras , one of them is a water heater .

We did have a plastic cover over the outside vent on the side of the Eriba , but it’s disappeared and I suppose we need another . We haven’t used the water heater but I imagine it’s not used with the cover on anyway ? For now I’ve made a cover so bits don’t get in it .

Any advice on using the water heater and the outside cover and / or best places to get spares like this from would be greatly appreciated .

Best wishes

Nibor

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: Outdoor Vent Cover for Water Heater

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:15 am
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

I've moved this post to the correct bit of the forum so that peeps can reply.

The heater is probably a Truma unit, though it's easy enough to check because it'll say on it.

Assuming it is, the cover will be a non Eriba-specific thing, and the easiest way to find one is to search Google images for Truma water heater vent cover until you find one like the one you've lost, then follow your nose to the least expensive online retailer.

likes this post!
Last edited Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:21 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:20 am
by swa49 (deleted)
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

I bought one on eBay for our 430. The van came with a white one, but I wanted the grey to match the other various covers and to complement the silver sides. I think it was circa. £12, and yes, search for Truma parts rather than Eriba.

Example: Werbung: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRUMA-COWL-CO...=item4d373ae216

The following contents have been linked to this post:

Triton 430GT + Golf mk7 2.0TDi DSG

Last edited Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:23 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:22 am
by Nibor (deleted)

Thank you very much for this advice ...

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:13 pm
by Soulbluesman (deleted)

Wow Swa49 that is the ultimate in stylish - I never thought of that for our Troll GT. You've got me thinking now.

Nibor we had a problem with our water heater heating up but then the hot water emptying back into main water tank. If this happens with your system check that there has been a non-return valve fitted - Hymer neglected to put one on our system at the factory. Hopefully yours will be OK. MikeT

likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 38 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105773 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2