Wanted: 1989 Puck Wardrobe Door and/or Cupboard

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:06 pm
by McRod (deleted)

Hi All,

At some point in it`s life, a previous owner of my puck has got a bit adventurous and removed the wardrobe/cupboard door and side panel which i think was an attempt to create more space.

I would like to replace it but i`m thinking this is going to be easier said than done.

Ideally a second hand one would be perfect but i`m thinking i`ll need to go down the route of getting someone to fabricate something using a similar wood.

It doesn`t look to be the hardest of things to create.

Anyone have anything like this for sale or can advise of the best course of action to restore?

IMG_7058.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Scroll up

RE: Wanted: 1989 Puck Wardrobe Door and/or Cupboard

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:27 pm
by Randa france | 12.855 Posts

Hmm. See what you mean. As you say it should be easy enough to rebuild it. Finding one from salvage would probably be more difficult.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:27 pm | Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Sat Jun 16, 2018 9:00 pm
by mr_underhill | 688 Posts

I have a 1990 Puck. Would you like some photos and measurements ? I won’t be back home until Monday pm though.

Tardis II , Eriba Puck 1990 pushing a Fiat 500 Colour Therapy, Twin Air Turbo.
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:34 am
by McRod (deleted)

Mr Underhill that would be fantastic if you could do that.

Really appreciated !

Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:49 pm

You actually have a lot of the measurements already. All this is from looking at it from the doorway. On the right by the sink you have the measurement of the missing side. The little short bit ends with a curve. This curve takes the piano hinge for both doors the upper and lower. The measurement of the width of the doors is 47.5 cm. The bottom door is 44 1/2 cm high on the top door is 83 1/4 centimetres high. The measurement of the missing wall on the left hand side as you look from the caravan door the width is 35 1/4 cm the corner is the right angle to the other corner that is already there. The outer wall edge of the missing wall just follows the shape of the van. There is a shelf on top of the wardrobe, it is approximately 1 cm below the top of the doors and the top of the walls. You have the shelf in the middle and you have the bar across the middle of the space where the two doors meet. The existing piece of wall that is left by the sink will give you the measurement of the thickness of the walls. Then need to take that into account when measuring. I will put the pictures on different reply.

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:50 pm

721B0472-8512-43E8-9D4F-CCF20702F313.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)B8A3E747-6B2E-40F7-A099-19EE04FB7647.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)08F8A638-1038-4F7F-B238-38BF36D409D6.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)979E7230-732A-4093-AE7B-A8304BD76EE4.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:24 pm
by McRod (deleted)

Thanks Mr_U

I`m noticing a full length "piano hinge" on the right hand side of the door. I had my suspicions it was a piano hinge but these photos have confirmed it. Really appreciate the help on this.

I have been researching suitable replacement wood which looks like Oak. I`m reluctant to use the modern lightweight furniture board as it looks fake when positioned next to the high quality veneer used on the Puck interior. My search continues for a suitable substitute. I have sourced the piano hinge, they are readily available. I`ll look for a door lock and catch. Thanks and i will keep you updated.

Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:50 pm

You may find it easier to keep the two door set up !

Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:48 pm
by McRod (deleted)

Hi Mr_U

I know it is a big ask but would it be possible to take images of the interior of the wardrobe so i can see how it is strengthened and fixed to the side walls of the van sides?

I think i have pretty much got everything worked out but would like to know where they fixed the end panels on to the sidewalls etc.

Hoping to make a start on it at the weekend once i have gathered all that i need.

Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:28 pm

B4E406FE-7F16-4C25-BC49-3CAF430BA235.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)04BE2D5F-9671-45F4-A950-86FF008F1951.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)5D05047D-C46C-4E9E-9996-DECC08F2739F.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

1 shows screw and collar.
2. Length of screw.
3 shows L shaped bracket, in middle of seat wall. Screwed onto waist trim and bolted to wall by seat.

You already have mid shelf fitted, top shelf is roof of wardrobe.

Hope this helps.

🖖

Doonhamer and like this post!
Last edited Thu Jun 21, 2018 7:31 pm | Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:56 pm
by McRod (deleted)

Thanks again Mr_U. I really would have struggled without your very kind help.

Hopefully i`ll have something to show you soon.

Thanks again !

Scroll up

in Got an Eriba or anything Eriba-related to sell? Looking for a caravan, parts or accessories? Put your adverts here Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:17 pm
by McRod (deleted)

Search for replacement wood is so far drawing a blank.

The modern lightweight furniture boards are too thick and on close examination just don`t look like natural wood. The ovelaminate print on it just doesn`t look right.

Egger do a laminated board which looks perfect and comes in 12mm or 18mm. The 12mm would have been perfect but they only sell this in bulk and all i need is a sheet.

It still doesn`t solve the problem of the semi-circular frame though. Getting this to match is the current challenge!.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 35 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12503 topics and 105516 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0